Answered

sub connected but no sound

• 14 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, I have connected my sub in my lounge and it shows as Lounge + Sub (connected via Etherley as was struggling via wifi) however I'm not getting any sound even when I go to sub audio and slide all the way to the right 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 April 2021, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I've now managed to connect this to my play 1 but not my beam which it was bought primarily  to connect with

Userlevel 7

Which Sonos speaker is connected via ethernet?

Try unplugging your Beam from power for about a minute and reconnect the Sub.

I have connected the sub via Etherley as it was strugglingbwith the WiFi. Just unplugged beam so will try again now. Thanks

Unfortunately still the same issue even though it says it has connected to the Beam it doesn't make the "chime" that it makes when connecting to the Play 1

Userlevel 7

Can you connect the Beam with the ethernet cable instead?

I can but unfortunately I can't connect the sub to the WiFi so I'll try and arrange another cable so I can connect both via ethernet cable 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Aaron 84 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this issue? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.