Question

Sub 3 won't pair

One in a pair of Sub 3's isn't recognized. One appears with a name and plays, the other isn't recognized and cannot be linked as a stereo pair. Tried unplugging and restarting controller. Can I remove the room and start from scratch? Cannot find a way to do that

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Hi. Are you talking about Play:3 speakers? Or about Subs? There is no such thing as a Sub 3.
Sorry--Play 3
One in a pair of Play 3's isn't recognized. One appears with a name and plays, the other isn't recognized and cannot be linked as a stereo pair. Tried unplugging and restarting controller. Can I remove the room and start from scratch? Cannot find a way to do that[/quote]
No need to start from scratch. I suggest you factory reset the speaker you can't get recognised. Factory reset that speaker ONLY. Leave the speaker that's working alone. Then try adding the reset P:3 via Settings, Add a Speaker or Sub, giving it a different room name from the other one, obviously..

Do you have other Sonos components? Do you have any Sonos component wired to your router?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/~/factory-resetting-a-sonos-product
Thanks! One other pair, one Play 1, wired to router. And a Connect, wireless. Will try the factory reset--but want to pair it with the other, which is recognized and has a name...
That's fine. Once you have the two speakers both on the system you should be able to pair them by going into the room settings of one of them.
One further thought...if the offending speaker cannot be found when you try to add it, try temporarily wiring the speaker to the router, allow it to update before disconnecting the cable.
Thanks. Unfortunately, the Play 3 will not reset. Connected to the router. Anything else to do?
New one on the way....
Good. If it won't reset that usually means hardware failure.