Question

Stuttering Audio

• 17 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Been having on and off problems with audio stuttering between 2 different Samsung TV’s, 1 HDMI Splitter and 2 different optical cables.

Nothing seems to fix it, I can only assume there is something wrong with the Playbar, which for something of this value to start deteriorating after a couple of years seems absurd.

Submitted diagnostics ‘1678552655’.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MrShteeeve, thank you for reaching us out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us your concern and for providing the diagnostic. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking the report, your Sonos system is connected to your WiFi network and the connection of your Playbar to your TV is active.

To further help you with this, I'd like to ask a few questions and will give some suggestions on what you can follow.

1. Have you tried changing the audio format from Dolby Digital Sound to PCM? Did you notice any improvements?
2. Using a splitter may or may not work with Sonos. Can you please connect your Playbar to one of your Samsung TV and test the audio?

If you're experiencing the same with your Playbar, let me suggest the following basic troubleshooting steps:

The optical cable is fully plugged in:

• Unplug the optical cable from the Sonos Playbar and Samsung TV. 
  • Disconnect other devices connected to your TV (cable box, Blu-Ray i.e.)
  • Unplug your Sonos Playbar and Samsung TV from the power and wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in. 
  • Reconnect the optical cable to your Samsung TV and the Sonos Playbar. This is to ensure that all the connections are fully seated.
  • Test the audio.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.