Answered

Streaming Services Dolby Digital not always working

• 8 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos surround setup with Playbar, Sub Woofer and two surround speakers.  For some streaming services (Amazon Prime, TV Channels that broadcast in DD) that say it is broadcasting in Dolby Digital, things work fine and when I check in the Sonos app,it correctly indicates that it is receiving a DD input.  However for some streaming services (HBO Max, Apple TV) the app only indicates Stereo PCM even though the service says it is broadcasting in DD.  Appreciate any insight as to why things work with some services but not all. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 March 2022, 22:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? Are you using your TV’s native streaming apps or using an external media device to stream?

Thanks for replying.  I have a Sony XBR65X900E.  It allows me to access Google Play and have downloaded the streaming apps to the TV.  Do not use an external media device o stream.

Userlevel 7

There is a possibility that HBO Max and Apple TV+ does not support 5.1 audio from the X900E’s native apps. I would contact HBO Max and Apple to confirm.