Question

Streaming music (spotify, pandora) drops out at the end of a song

• 26 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Really hoping to get some assistance with this. As the title said, playback will drop out at the end of a song. I can restart the playlist by hitting the play button on any speaker, or by opening up the app in IOS. All of my speakers are running wireless on a Sonos bridge, which is hard-wired to my router, which is then hard-wired to my modem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Well, there's a couple of possibilities here. I'm pretty sure it's an issue in your local LAN, not an issue with your router and modem's ability to reach out to the internet.

It could be wireless interference, in which case I'd recommend reading the Wifi Interference FAQ

And, there's also a possibility of it being a duplicate IP address in your router's IP table. You may want to look in to how to set up reserved IP addresses using the interface to your router. This issue is frequently exposed, albeit not caused by the software updates that Sonos does which causes the speakers to do a soft reboot. If your router's DHCP isn't happy, you end up with a duplicate IP address. The quick and dirty, and non permanent fix to this is to power off all of your Sonos devices, then reboot your router, and plug back in the Sonos devices, one at a time, leaving enough time for each one to fully boot up before moving to the next.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello moewron, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.