Question

Streamed mucis and radio drops out

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi

I am having constant problems with streamed music and radio dropping out.  This is particulary prevalent in the mornings.  I usually group  a Sonos 5 (1st Gen) and a Sonos Move in the morning, the drop outs happen on both speakers at the same time.  I have tried changing the wireless network channels on my router, but this does not solve the issue.

Some days are worse then others.  This morning (16th December 2020) it was cutting out every couple of minutes for 10 seconds or so.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnsonstephen257.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help you.

It is very important to correctly determine the cause of the audio interruptions, as there are many potential causes like wireless interference, gateway issue, source issue, service issue, etc.

Commonly these issues can come as a result of wireless interference and this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and provide us with the confirmation number, so I can see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes.