Question

Storytel stops after approx 10 min.

• 13 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Storytel stops playing after approx 10 mins of playing. Have to restart audiobook again. All other music service works fine. Diagnostic sent 898889615. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Tomassen, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. and thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system to check this issue. Upon checking the information, It shows a lot of Audio playback error and interference on your Sonos system that may be causing this issue. Kindly check this link about Music service stops or skips. and also this link about reducing wireless interference on Sonos. i want to ask as well if is it only happening on Storytrl or how about other music services? and when did it start?

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hello @Simon B

In general this is only a problem with the two speakers I have running on wireless. The part of the system which is hardwired is not a problem, so I’m thinking this is a system issue and not streaming limits that are causing the problem. I’ve tried to switch from running on a dedicated “sonos wifi”, including different channels. Lately I’ve switched to the “general”-wifi in the house, but haven’t had the time to observe if this has helped in any way. 

The system worked for about two years, but has started acting up recently, hard to pinpoint exactly but I would think about 3-4 months ago. 

It is also only an issue with the storytel service, Spotify and Google Music is running flawlessly.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Tomassen, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. I would like to ask as well If are there any settings on the Storyytel App that could be triggering the stop of the Audiobook after 10 minutes? And, Have you tried it on another controller device where you have the Sonos and the Storytel App if the same issue persists?

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.