Question

Storing library on hard drive connected to router. What's the best way to keep this drive updated as I add new music?

• 2 September 2019
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Since the "play from phone" feature has been killed, this "hard drive into router" option seems like my best bet.

I was able to get all my iTunes music (my computer is a mac) on a drive, plug it into my Netgear C3700-100NAS, get that drive added through sonos, and play my music successfully.

But now I'm trying to set up a system that will wirelessly auto-update that hard drive whenever I add new music to iTunes. I'm using Carbon Copy Cloner to transfer new items from my iTunes Music folder to a Sonos folder on the router hard drive using Netgear's "readyshare" feature. In theory this makes sense to me but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Does this make sense, or does anyone have any suggestions for how to keep that drive updated without unplugging and manually adding new music to it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.