Answered

Store Mode message when connecting to existing Songs system

• 23 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi all

I have an existing Sonos system and the S2 app installed on my iPhone.  For various reasons, I have reset the app on my iPhone, deleted it, reinstalled it and tried to reconnect to my existing system.

The whole process seems to have gone fine, and I now have my S2 app reconnected to the existing Sonos system.  The odd thing is that on completing the reconnection, I got the message, “This feature is not available in store mode”.  No further messages or issues.  Is this just a bug, or is there an underlying issue for me to look at?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by James L. 23 April 2021, 13:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Probably one for the Sonos staff members on the forum, but it sounds like at least one of your speakers has been used for in-store demos and not taken out of in-store mode.  Have you bought any of your speakers as ex-demo or open box?

But that is speculation on my part, and I don’t know what the consequences might be if it is correct.  Let’s see if someone comes along with a more definitive answer.

Badge +17

Hey @peteyd,

Store mode is used by dealers and retailers in a demo environment when showing products to potential customers. I’m not sure exactly how your system would have ended up this way, but the only way to get your devices out of Store mode is to factory reset each device and set them up from scratch. I know this may not be ideal if you have a larger system, so if that is the case, you could get in touch with our customer care team who can take a look at your system and confirm whether your entire household is in Store mode or if it’s just one device. Unfortunately, in most cases, the entire household is placed into store mode as soon as one device configured in this way is added, so the factory reset method is most likely to solve your issue here.

Badge

Thanks for the replies.

All the devices on my system were bought new either from Sonos direct or through major UK retailers (e.g. John Lewis, Currys, Amazon).  I’ll contact customer care to check whether my system is in store mode.  Is there any way I could tell this for myself - the system appears to be working as expected.

Thanks again.

Badge +17

If your system really is in store mode then you wouldn’t be able to access more advanced functions such as adding a player or removing a music service. If you’d like to submit a diagnostic and send the number my way I can check it out for you, to confirm for sure :slight_smile:

Badge

Thanks James, PM sent with diagnostics reference.

Badge +17

All sorted, to close the loop - the system isn’t in store mode and the error was likely a false flag that I’ve sent to our engineers to take a closer look at why that might have happened. :slight_smile: