Answered

Stops playing and crossfade cuts in.k

• 7 December 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a play 1. When playing my music on my phone or tablet it stops playing after a few songs. Sometimes I just open my phone and it starts again. Other times I go to the app and it says unable too play that song and I can't get it to start again. I  also have crossfade turned off but it cuts in anyway, sometimes when the song is only three quarters through. Very frustrating. I've done all the usual things even deleted the app and reinstalled but no joy. Any help appreciated. Cheers 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 December 2019, 18:09

Not sure there’s much more I can suggest, other than recommending that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sounds more like an issue with either wifi interference, or less likely, a duplicate IP address. As a start, reboot your router, followed by rebooting all your Sonos devices. Then read the link, and see what potential other solutions you could apply. 

Hi Bruce, I had the phone plugged into the router which you have to do with our new NBN system. I've moved it away from the router with an extension cord. It has solved the the stopping playback problem but I'm still getting the crossfade cutting in without turning it on. I really appreciate your help. Cheers Garry 

Not sure there’s much more I can suggest, other than recommending that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.