Answered

Stitcher service not working

• 16 February 2021
  • 7 replies

About a month and a half ago Stitcher stopped working with my Sonos system. I tried deleting it and adding it back and I get an error saying the stitcher server did not recognize my account. Stitcher works fine. I can listen and sign out and back in to it’s app with no problem. Interestingly if I choose create account when adding stitcher to sonos it takes me to a 404 page https://www.stitcher.com/Sonos/sign_in.php 

Can you please fix this bug

I ran a diagnostic. The number is 444405896

icon

Best answer by Xander P 16 February 2021, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @21stcenturyluddite, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Were you recently prompted to change your Stitcher password? If so, you may be able to add the account back in to Sonos by using the old password.

We’re working with Stitcher on getting this resolved, however we don’t have an ETA to share currently.

Thanks for the reply. I changed my password when I went to add the service back because I assumed it was wrong from the error sonos was giving. I just tried with the previous password and that indeed allowed me to add it. I assume when this is “fixed” it will stop working and I will have to enter my current stitcher password?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood @21stcenturyluddite, glad you’re back in to the account.

Seems like the updated passwords weren’t applied to the pathway that Sonos uses to access Stitcher yet - I would assume that when this issue has been fixed you will need to use the “correct" updated password, yes.

I am having the same issue with Stitcher. I have updated the app and the password is correct. All I get from the Sonos app is a blank section when I try and access Stitcher podcasts.

Couple of things you may want to try, which won’t hurt. Try a refresh of your network, by unplugging all of the Sonos devices you have from power. While they’re unplugged, reboot the router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos devices, wait a couple of minutes, then test.

done that all already. Stiticher used to work fine up until their last update. 

Then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.