Answered

Stitcher service has disappeared

• 27 September 2019
  • 38 replies

My Sticher service has disappeared from my Sonos controller (both on Mac and iPhone). I was using it yesterday, but when I opened the Sonos app this morning, it is not listed under 'Select a music source'. It is also not listed under 'Add music service'. Can anyone assist?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 27 September 2019, 20:26

Sounds like this should be fully resolved. If you're still having trouble, try checking for updates in the Sonos app, let us know how it goes.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

I contacted support. They added a step that fixed the problem. Go into settings in the Sonos app and check for updates. It may not find any updates, but it causes something to be reset that fixes the problem. I was able to re-install the Stitcher service after this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I contacted support. They added a step that fixed the problem. Go into settings in the Sonos app and check for updates. It may not find any updates, but it causes something to be reset that fixes the problem. I was able to re-install the Stitcher service after this.

Glad that worked for you! Checking for updates was in the first post that I made an answer to the thread, but I know sometimes it's easy to miss things.
Yeah, I totally missed the cause-and-effect of "try checking for updates in the Sonos app, let us know how it goes." The act of checking itself fixes the problem even if there are no updates. I had completely re-installed the app, so didn't try checking for updates again. Once I checked for updates, it found none (of course) but started working anyway. Magic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
A little behind the scenes info, the players themselves store a listing of music services, updated regularly via the cloud, and independent of the state of your controllers. When you check for updates, the players ping the cloud servers and download new service listings, and a few other similar system files.
Thanks for this thread. Even when I remove Napster, clear the cache and reinstall 'Stitcher', after I click to add the Stitcher service, the next page gives me the Stitcher icon, but Napster name. Anyone else still experience this, even after removing Napster? Thanks.
Same is still happening to me. Can't seem to fix...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@debea have you followed these steps in order:

1. Remove Napster or Stitcher if they're listed in your services.
  2. Clear the cache under the phone's settings.
  3. Check for updates in the Sonos app.
  4. Re-add Stitcher
I am having the same problem And it’s compounded because the solutions that are offered by Sonos do not work. Many other people on here have validated that. So in addition to not being able to listen to podcasts on Sonos, we are all spending considerable time doing all of these things that don’t work to try to fix Sonos’ incompatibility with Stitcher. This has been reported for a long time - month’s - and still there doesn’t seem to be a solution.

This worked, much thanks!
Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, I went into the Sonos app under settings, and there is no option there to check for updates. So I went to updates and checked for updates of all apps, thinking that it would check for Sonos app that way. There were no Sonos updates, but there was an iOS update, which it is now doing. Will keep you posted 🤞
Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, I went into the Sonos app under settings, and there is no option there to check for updates. So I went to updates and checked for updates of all apps, thinking that it would check for Sonos app that way. There were no Sonos updates, but there was an iOS update, which it is now doing. Will keep you posted 🤞
Just for future reference, you should now find 'System Updates” at/near the bottom of the entries in “Settings/System” in the Sonos App.
Have done everything - including checking for Sonos updates on iPhone and iPad , logging out of stitcher, resetting password, trying again, with same result. Only thing I am thinking 🤔 is maybe am not clearing cache. Am not sure how to do that on iPhone and iPad. Went to Safari and cleared updates. Is there something else I need to do to clear the cache?
Sorry - not cleared updates - cleared history
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, I went into the Sonos app under settings, and there is no option there to check for updates. So I went to updates and checked for updates of all apps, thinking that it would check for Sonos app that way. There were no Sonos updates, but there was an iOS update, which it is now doing. Will keep you posted 🤞Just for future reference, you should now find 'System Updates” at/near the bottom of the entries in “Settings/System” in the Sonos App.

@NobodyYouKnow have you done this step in Sonos? Sonos App > Settings > System, all the way down to System Updates.

Checking for updates in the app store isn't going to get your players to check for the new music service listing, which is ultimately one of the most important steps. Do this check after you've removed any entries for Stitcher/Napster and just in case, Rdio too if you have it, from Sonos.