Answered

Stitcher service has disappeared

• 27 September 2019
  • 38 replies

My Sticher service has disappeared from my Sonos controller (both on Mac and iPhone). I was using it yesterday, but when I opened the Sonos app this morning, it is not listed under 'Select a music source'. It is also not listed under 'Add music service'. Can anyone assist?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 27 September 2019, 20:26

Sounds like this should be fully resolved. If you're still having trouble, try checking for updates in the Sonos app, let us know how it goes.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Same. I tried removing Stitcher and re-adding it but said there was a connection issue when I try use my login. Not only that but when I select the Sticher service and then click "Add to Sonos", the next page is titled "Add Napster... I already have an account / I'm new to Napster".
???
Same here, Napster also has suddenly been added to my music sources, but I do not have an account nor did I add it.
Yes, I’m having the same issue too. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. Nothing showing about it yet on the Sonos Services status page.
@Ken_Griffiths thanks for the tip on Sonos Services. I have now sent them a message via Messenger and they looking at it.
Following, as it's happened to me as well.
Happening to me too, deleted and tried to re add Stitcher and getting Napster....
I received the following fix from Sonos, which worked:
Thanks for confirming. Under Settings > Services, please remove the listing you're seeing for Napster. Then, close and reopen your Sonos app, and check once more to see whether Stitcher is an available service (if you have the Stitcher app installed, it may show up near the top of the list, rather than alphabetically).
Why is it turned into Napster?
Badge
Thanks for confirming. Under Settings > Services, please remove the listing you're seeing for Napster. Then, close and reopen your Sonos app, and check once more to see whether Stitcher is an available service (if you have the Stitcher app installed, it may show up near the top of the list, rather than alphabetically).

that worked, thanks. Must have been the update.
The 'remove->reload->reinstall' trick did not work for me.

EDIT: 10 minutes later, trying to add the Stitcher service does _NOT_ show me 'adding Napster' - it does indeed now show me "adding stitcher"

Worked for me. I had to clear out my phones cache as well though using my phones Optimise feature (Android).
Thanks for this thread. Even when I remove Napster, clear the cache and reinstall 'Stitcher', after I click to add the Stitcher service, the next page gives me the Stitcher icon, but Napster name. Anyone else still experience this, even after removing Napster? Thanks.
Stitcher now working again here for me.
Thanks, Ken -- me too.
Didn't work for me on Android 10 Pixel 2. (Can't find anything about a "cache" in my settings. Tried restarting the phone.). Installing the fresh Stitcher service asks for Napster credentials.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sounds like this should be fully resolved. If you're still having trouble, try checking for updates in the Sonos app, let us know how it goes.
I had the Stitcher service on my Android and then it went away and I received messages about a problem connecting to Napster. When I tried to add Napster I get a screen about 60 days free service and then $9.99 monthly. What happened to Stitcher? It was so easy to search and use. I can find my "history" podcasts thru Tuned In Radio but it takes many more steps. I want Stitcher back!
I just tried the solution offered here: remove Napster; close Sonos (I restarted) and tried to add Stitcher through the standard process and still got the Napster sign-up. Anything else work for somebody to get back Stitcher?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We've seen that if you're having trouble still, manually removing the erroneous Napster listing and re-adding Stitcher seems to resolve the problems. If you're still having trouble though, I'd suggest that you contact our support team to investigate.
Update to my previous post. Found the app cache and cleared it. No change. Uninstalled Sonos and reinstalled. Still no change. Asks for Napster credentials when I try to install the Stitcher service. Android 11. Pixel 2.
Did you follow the suggestion posted by Ryan in the previous post to yours?
@Airgetlam Yes. That's what I started with. Then I cleared the app cache. Then I uninstalled and re-installed the Sonos app on my phone. Mutiple device restarts as well.
So, what did they say when you called them?
I also deleted and reinstalled both apps, still having same issue. Still asking for Napster login. Not happy with sonos software.
So, did you also call them, as requested by the Sonos employee Ryan in the post above?