stereo pcm on disney but dd+5.1 on netflix? xiaomi projector

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

hi all! i have a xiaomi projector hooked up directly to an arc, sub, two one sls, nothing else.

https://www.mi.com/global/mi-laser-projector-150/specs/

able to get dd+5.1 on netflix but only stereo pcm on disney+. any advice please? tried reaching out to disney and they said the xiaomi projector is not compatible with disney+? HELP, thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @supersuaku,

Sonos home theater products, such as Arc, do not determine what audio format they receive. I’m afraid we won’t be able to explain why you’re getting one codec on one service versus another, so I suggest reaching out to Xiaomi directly to find out if the behaviour you’re experiencing is expected with that projector.

thanks so much for your reply! i’ve read some posts that disney+ may not give out atmos due to their bandwidth constraints or something, is that true?

i have already selected the automatic (which is the highest audio setting) audio option in the disney+ app on the projector’s android OS. 

does the disney+ app on android have any compatibility issues with TVs/projectors? thank you thank you.

That certainly was the case in some location last year, the EU comes to mind, which was as I recall, due to bandwidth issues caused by the change in habits due to the pandemic, but you should check with Disney Plus in your jurisdiction, Sonos has zero control over that.