Answered

Stereo Pair of PLAY:1 speakers out of sync / echoing

• 14 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I've got a stereo pair of PLAY:1 speakers and have them set to play a streaming radio station every morning to wake me up. This morning they were out of sync and the sound was echoing. I stopped and started playback a few times (via the button on the top of the SONOS) and this didn't fix the issue.
I unplugged both speakers from power and then plugged them back in again and this seemed to resolve the issue.
I have submitted diagnostics before I power cycled the speakers - the number is 1782446824
icon

Best answer by Keith N 18 May 2018, 01:32

Hi there, kai_h. Thanks for posting and sharing your diagnostic number. When I take a closer look at the Master Bedroom speakers, it looks like the problem is a failure sending and receiving UPnP commands. It seems that you have both Left and Right Family Room speakers plugged into the network with an Ethernet cable. Can you tell us a little more about how Sonos is plugged into the network? Are they plugged in through a switch or access point?

The more information we have about the network the better we can advise on next steps.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, kai_h. Thanks for posting and sharing your diagnostic number. When I take a closer look at the Master Bedroom speakers, it looks like the problem is a failure sending and receiving UPnP commands. It seems that you have both Left and Right Family Room speakers plugged into the network with an Ethernet cable. Can you tell us a little more about how Sonos is plugged into the network? Are they plugged in through a switch or access point?

The more information we have about the network the better we can advise on next steps.
I have exactly the same problem. It is getting so unreliable that it has put me off buying anymore Sonos speakers. These aren’t cheap products so you would expect consistent quality.
I’ve had four Play 1 speakers for a couple years and just started to have the same issue with echoing of stero paired speakers. I’ve “separated” the stero pair using the Sonos app and re-synced them. It immediately fixes the problem, but they begin to echo within an hour or within minutes. I’ve tried this fix 4 times already.

Is there a permanent solution to this issue?
I'm sure there is, but you'd need to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
# 1243627091