Answered

Static noises from Playbar

Every couple of weeks my Playbar starts making a crackling/status noise. When I exit whatever app I’m using and go back in it stops. I have submitted a diagnostic # 880475258
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 May 2018, 19:10

No problem! If it happens in a particular TV app, I'd start with digging into the audio options of the app (if there are any). Is it possible that your TV may also have separate audio settings for content coming from TV apps? What is the make and model of the TV you are working with?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Every couple of weeks my Playbar starts making a crackling/status noise. When I exit whatever app I’m using and go back in it stops. I have submitted a diagnostic # 880475258
Do you mean TV apps or apps on your phone? the diagnostic report is showing a problem getting data to the Playbar from the main routing unit, however, if this is only happening on TV apps, it is likely a problem with audio settings rather than connectivity.

Thanks.
Hey Keith,

Thanks for the reply. Usually occurs when using the Hulu app on my Tv.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem! If it happens in a particular TV app, I'd start with digging into the audio options of the app (if there are any). Is it possible that your TV may also have separate audio settings for content coming from TV apps? What is the make and model of the TV you are working with?
I have the Vizio M65-E0, and I primarily use my X-box One X streaming apps.