Question

Static first 7 seconds when playing music

• 29 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have the 1st gen systems, just upgraded to the Boost hoping that would resolve the static coming from the playbar. When playing music there is static for the first 7 seconds then music continues like normal. This issue is not happening on play 5. I’ve disconnected playbar’s power for 30 seconds. I’ve reset my app. None of that has helped. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DodgerChamps20, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern as well as the steps you have performed. It seems like the static sound only happens on your Playbar. Let me help you with this.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

1. Unplug the optical cable from the Sonos Playbar and the TV. 
2. Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Playbar, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
3. Reconnect the optical cable to your TV and the Sonos Playbar. Inspect the optical cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
4. Update the TV’s software (if available)
5. Adjust the group audio delay - Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Beam > Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.
6. Check for Sonos update - Settings > System > Check for updates.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number to check your system functionality and to further assist you with this. We'll wait for your reply.