Answered

Static coming from Sonos Beam

• 5 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi! I have Sonos Beam that I just added 2 Sonos Ones and a Sonos Sub to. They are connected to a Samsung Model UN65KU6500. This just started today out of nowhere. I submitted diagnostics, and my confirmation # is 916560083.

Thanks for any help!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 9 November 2018, 17:18

Hi! I have Sonos Beam that I just added 2 Sonos Ones and a Sonos Sub to. They are connected to a Samsung Model UN65KU6500. This just started today out of nowhere. I submitted diagnostics, and my confirmation # is 916560083.

Thanks for any help!

Hi akinnaird24,

Thanks for sending in the report. I don't see any errors in your report which would explain why you're hearing static coming from your Beam. It would probably be best to work with our phone team on this issue. Please give us a call. Our phone number and hours in your region can be found here.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for any help!

Hi akinnaird24,

Thanks for sending in the report. I don't see any errors in your report which would explain why you're hearing static coming from your Beam. It would probably be best to work with our phone team on this issue. Please give us a call. Our phone number and hours in your region can be found here.
Badge
Reading through many threads with the same or similar headings, Static or cracking noise coming through the speakers via a beam or playbar. I have a beam with play1's as surround speakers. I've had the same issue, I've managed to cure it by disconnecting the surround sound and re setting it up, however, over time it returns, sonos said it was a faulty hdmi cable and sent me a new one, again the static disappeared, but has again returned. It has got to be an issue with the setup with the tv, (I have a bush tv) because it doesn't happen while playing or streaming music through the controller on my phone.

What at is irritating me now, is the fact that sonos are aware of the issue and haven't yet acknowledged it, I'm sure it will satisfy many of us if Sonia said they are aware of the issue and are "working on a remedy".

Come on sonos, we've all invested a lot of money in your products, we expect them to work properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Reading through many threads with the same or similar headings, Static or cracking noise coming through the speakers via a beam or playbar. I have a beam with play1's as surround speakers. I've had the same issue, I've managed to cure it by disconnecting the surround sound and re setting it up, however, over time it returns, sonos said it was a faulty hdmi cable and sent me a new one, again the static disappeared, but has again returned. It has got to be an issue with the setup with the tv, (I have a bush tv) because it doesn't happen while playing or streaming music through the controller on my phone.

What at is irritating me now, is the fact that sonos are aware of the issue and haven't yet acknowledged it, I'm sure it will satisfy many of us if Sonia said they are aware of the issue and are "working on a remedy".

Come on sonos, we've all invested a lot of money in your products, we expect them to work properly.

Hi there,

Troubleshooting audio issues can be tricky on the forums. Sometimes there are specifics in a diagnostic report which can point us towards a resolution, sometimes live troubleshooting is needed. Most issues like this come down to one of a few factors. Old firmware on TVs, bad audio cables, and incompatibility can all be factors.

Please make sure your TV is up to date on its firmware. You can also try bypassing your TV by connecting your Playbar directly to the cable box. If this resolves the issue, it's likely due to the TV sending incorrect data downstream to the Playbar. You can try swapping out the optical cable. If all these fail to result in an obvious cause, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the number. I can take a look for you.