Question

Spotify x Stereo with Five unbalanced

• 5 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I am using two Fives in stereo mode + one sub.

I noticed that the stereo is noticeably not balanced between left and right by default. One side is consistently louder.

The pb seems to be Spotify specific.

• I tried to invert the Five speakers but it do not change anything (so it doesn’t seem to come from the speakers). 
  • I tried with Sonos Radio and had no issue.

As a fix I updated my EQ balance to compensate. But it forces me to change my EQ settings when switching music sources + it should not happen anyway. Any idea how i can fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @totemko.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

I commend you for fixing it by going through the EQ Balance for that is also what we are going to suggest, to ensure that the L/R Balance control is set to the middle point.

Have you gone through Trueplay tuning on the initial setup, for it should be balanced automatically if in case?

NOTE: This is only available using the microphones in an iOS device.

Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room, then fine-tunes your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.

To check some data from your system and better understand what’s going on, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.