Answered

Spotify "Unable to play 'song title' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

I work in IT for a company that has 6 locations with 10+ Sonos Ones in each location and lately we’ve been having an issue with the “Unable to play ‘song name’ - the connection to Spotify was lost”. This has been an ongoing issue for the last few weeks and I’ve seen reports of there being an issue between Sonos and Spotify and to just keep the speakers updated. We’ve been able to solve the issue with pulling the plug and it will bring us back online for a couple of days but unplugging this many speakers to Spotify working is a bit of a pain. Nothing being blocked in the firewall, and Spotify seems to be the only thing effected. Diag code 1086376900

icon

Best answer by buzz 5 July 2021, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sorry to ask this about a corporate network with a dedicated IT team but are you using enterprise routers that ensures no duplicate IP addresses? Have you tried reserving IP addresses for the Sonos devices. Again apologies if you think I'm teaching you to suck eggs! 🤔

Recently, there have been numerous complaints about SPOTIFY. I think that someone changed something that threw a wrench into the works. Hopefully, there will be an update on one side or the other that will fix things. 

Sorry to ask this about a corporate network with a dedicated IT team but are you using enterprise routers that ensures no duplicate IP addresses? Have you tried reserving IP addresses for the Sonos devices. Again apologies if you think I'm teaching you to suck eggs! 🤔

Can’t say I’ve ever heard the saying “teaching you to suck eggs” but I like it and will use that some day. The Sonos are on a separate IP range from “general” computers so the only other computers in this range are from the managers computers. There's lots of room in the DHCP range even with all computers and Sonos connected at any given time. Had this issue just now and was able to confirm it is not a duplicate IP issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It might be still better to reserve an IP address if that's possible.

As an aside, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaching_grandmother_to_suck_eggs

Its a useful phrase ;)

Recently, there have been numerous complaints about SPOTIFY. I think that someone changed something that threw a wrench into the works. Hopefully, there will be an update on one side or the other that will fix things. 

Appreciate the answer. Is there going to be somewhere that states when this specific issue gets addressed? Currently its a game of “hey maybe Sonos/Spotify will work today”. 

I wouldn’t expect so, although I would guess there might have been some change in the latest update that Sonos released. Sonos doesn’t generally throw partners under the bus, for hopefully obvious reasons, and if the issue was with the servers for Spotify (as it appears, since no other service was impacted), they’re unlikely to have any data to release, you’d need to ask Spotify directly. 

I work in IT for a company that has 6 locations with 10+ Sonos Ones in each location and lately we’ve been having an issue with the “Unable to play ‘song name’ - the connection to Spotify was lost”. This has been an ongoing issue for the last few weeks and I’ve seen reports of there being an issue between Sonos and Spotify and to just keep the speakers updated. We’ve been able to solve the issue with pulling the plug and it will bring us back online for a couple of days but unplugging this many speakers to Spotify working is a bit of a pain. Nothing being blocked in the firewall, and Spotify seems to be the only thing effected. Diag code 1086376900

I’ve recently started to suffer this also. It’s definitely not a local area network or wireless signal issue. Ignore the duplicate IP suggestions as well. My cynical take is that it’s similar to Apple throttling iPhone performance to force upgrades. There will come a point when Sonos will try to say that is the age of the product, which is absolute nonsense. 

I am a residential user. Getting same message regarding Spotify. Previously, not a problem. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas. 

I have the same problem...I can’t even reauthorize spotify.  This is NOT a problem with my network (rebooted router, running a gigabyte network, did all the other things people try).  This is a problem between Sonos and Spotify (likely their API).  Please fix or there is no reason to use the Sonos app.

Same issue - residential user on Sonos S1 with many Play 1,3 and 5s.  Getting message “connection to SPotify was lost”  Recenly was working fine but now will not work. Please help.

I just took a trial subscription to Apple Music because of this ongoing problem. 

Residential user too. This came out of nowhere today for me as well. Cannot connect to Spotify in Sonos app or sonos speakers in Spotify app. 

Now receiving a message in Sonos app, “Spotify is experiencing a full outage”

I’m getting a message in my app that Spotify has a major outage. But since you can connect direct to Spotify this means the outage is with their api. 

Means that the issue is on the Spotify Server which includes the Sonos API, and not on the server that Spotify uses for their own player.