Spotify unable to connect to Sonos after update

Since upgrading to v 9.0 I can no longer use neither the Spotify desktop nor the iPhone apps to play music via Sonos. Neither Spotify app is able to select and connect to *any* Sonos device.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hey there, jasoncam. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Can you browse Spotify from within the Sonos app? Have you tried removing the Spotify account credentials from Sonos and re-adding them?
After upgrading, there was no issue using either my Sonos desktop or iPhone app to browse and play from my Spotify account. However, no Spotify app (desktop, laptop, iPhone) could ever connect to my Sonos system.

I did not try removing my Spotify credentials, but after about 6 - 7 hours of being frustrated.....I tried one last time to connect to Sonos via my iPhone Spotify app.....and it worked. Since then, all Spotify apps are now successfully connecting to and playing via Sonos. I made no changes, so I'm not sure why it now works or why it didn't for 6 - 7 hours post upgrade.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Glad to hear it was sorted. I'm typically pretty skeptical of problems that "solve themselves", so should you run into any other problems, please do not hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings