Spotify "Unable to Browse Music"

• 22 February 2018
  • 30 replies

My setup was working fine for years and suddenly is "Unable to Browse Music" via Spotify. This is happening on both the desktop app (MacOS) and on my iPhone. I recently set up an Alexa dot, which was also working fine, but that's the only change I've made recently.

I've restarted everything, reauthorized Spotify (multiple times) and deactivated the Alexa Sonos skill (in case some conflict there was causing the issue), but nothing works. I'm just getting the spinning wheel, followed by "Unable to Browse Music." This is only happening with Spotify. My other services are all still working fine, and the system is still playing music from my computer with no problem. I just ran a diagnostic, number 289788296.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Doug_32. Thanks for posting about this. We were tracking an issue just as you described earlier this week. However, when I look into the diagnostic report, I am seeing an error regarding a 3rd party extender. Can you tell us a little more about your local network? Specifically, I'd like to find out the make and model of the router and any other extenders or access points.

Thanks!
Hi Keith, the router is an Arris DG1670 and the only thing hooked up to it is a Sonos Bridge. The Alexa Dot is the only thing I've added recently, and I have since removed the Alexa Sonos skill to see if that helped, but nothing has changed. I am still unable to use Spotify on my system, while every other service continues to work with no issue. Have you made any progress with the issue you've been tracking? Is there any more info I can provide that might help?
Also wanted to add that I am able to use Spotify itself on my computer and phone with no problem. I just can't access it via Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the update, Doug_32. Sounds like it may be best to have one of our technicians take a look at this in real time with you. Over the phone, our support technicians are able to set up a remote session and take a closer look at how data is being passed along the network. When you have a moment, please give us a call. We are happy to help. Thanks again!
Same problem here. This problem comes and goes for me, and from what I see on forums, has been happening to many users for a long time.

Diagnostic: 1622603439
I'm having the same issue at work today. I listed to Spotify on my Play1 at my desk for years through the Sonos desktop app.. Today, I'm getting the error "unable to browse music". Other music services are streaming fine on the Sonos desktop app. I'm having no issues on my phone listening to Spotify though their app. Diagnostics- 257557697. Please advise.
Also having this issue this morning for the first time ever. Diagnostics confirmation number - 310057531. Please advise.
Same here, just started a bit after 10AM US EST.

BTW: also having trouble with Qobuz: it plays a song for 15 seconds or so, and then skips to the next one, and then again, and again...

From looking down this forum recent postings, it looks like something widespread is going on.....
Same here, all its corrupted right know, error message in swedish "Kan inte bläddra musik".
English "Cant browse music".

What should i do?
We are also having this issue this morning. I can play certain sonos playlists that have been saved but cannot "unable to browse music" through anything Spotify related. Diagnostics - 274655237. Please advise.
Looks like they are aware and it is widespread.
See here:
https://status.sonos.com/

And:
https://twitter.com/SonosSupport/with_replies
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, all. We are indeed aware of the outage and are making efforts to resolve it. Thank you for your patience.
Badge
Edited: Discussing Beta.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Nordstierna. Thanks for your post. However, please keep Beta discussions in the appropriate place. Thank you for your understanding!
I am unable to Browse my Spotify Playlist despite rebooting and restarting everything. Rebooted my Cable modem, rebooted my Asus Router, reboot my Mac, rebooted my phone. No dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Since you appear to have already done all of the things I usually suggest, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of getting this error, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Same issue here, Spotify integration was working fine on all fronts for over an hour of active usage then in the last 5 minutes received this error and has not resolved. Have restarted of app, cleared cache, and verified connectivity and network. I should note that this error is *only* occurring when I attempt to: Browse>Spotify>Your Music>Playlists

Diagnostics info sent, ref. # 1990319040

Thank You
Hi! I was having the same problem and did all of the suggested above with no luck. What finally worked for me is that I removed my Spotify account under My Services and then re-added it. Then my playlists showed up again under Spotify. Hope this helps!

on IOS
To Remove Account:
Select More
Select Settings
Select My Music Services
Choose your Spotify Account
Select Remove Account

To Add Account:
Select More
Select Add Music Services
Choose Spotify
Select Add to Sonos

Hope this helps someone!
S.
I had the same problem after I updated the Sonos and Spotify apps yesterday. I removed Spotify from Sonos and then added the music service back. It’s all back to normal.

Settings > My Music Services

Make sure you remember your Spotify login detail.
Hi Guys It's me again. After fixing the problem, I had it again this morning when I was trying to access my Spotify playlist through sonos. When I tried the fix again, it didn't work. So after I removed spotify from music services, I went to the Spotify App and logged out of my spotify account. Then I re-added spotify and logged in via the sonos app.

Sonos App:
To Remove Account:
Select More
Select Settings
Select My Music Services
Choose your Spotify Account
Select Remove Account

Go to the Spotify App:
Select Settings (Gear Icon in upper right corner)
Select Logout (botton of screen)

Back to Sonos App:
To Add Account:
Select More
Select Add Music Services
Choose Spotify
Select Add to Sonos
Select Connect to Spotify
Enter Login Information
Connect

Hopefully sonos will fix this so the issue wont happen anymore. Good luck!
I have “Unable to Browse Music" via Spotify on my iPhone Xs for a few weeks. I followed a suggestion, to remove Spotify and add it again. Easily removed, but Sonos is unable to add it again......”ERROR unable to add Spotify account”.
Is it because I now need a Premium account on Spotify? Is this a change in the rules?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Is it because I now need a Premium account on Spotify? Is this a change in the rules?
Sonos has always required a Spotify premium account. There is no change.
bockersjv - thanks for your comment. I do not think what you wrote is correct. I do not have a premium account, but I have used Spotify, occasionally, but for sometime, in Sonos. Only recently did I get that "unable to browse" message, which is what brought to me to this thread, and what led me to try the Remove and Add of my Spotify account.

Hello, I also seem to have the problem with Spotify (unable to browse music). I wanted to readd Spotify under service settings but than I get the error that I have to check my network connection. Sonos is the only app who seems to have a “network problem”. Any suggestions?