Question

Spotify tracks playing but no sound

• 2 March 2017
  • 9 replies

Im trying to use spotify via a bridge, going out to 2 x play 3 speakers.
Usually works fine, however over the past couple of days the track shows as playing but I've no sound.
The controls on the app and desktop controller are frozen.
After about 15 seconds I get a message saying connection to spotify was lost.

I've checked that nothings muted.
Restarted router
Reauthorized spotify.

I can play local MP3s via the desktop controller.

Any clues?
thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

May I recommend that the next time you experience this issue, you submit a system diagnostic which will give the folks from Sonos a leg up on helping you figure out why this is occurring?
Problem resolved itself but has started again tonight.

Diagnostics no. is 7168888.

thanks all
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Problem resolved itself but has started again tonight.

Diagnostics no. is 7168888.

thanks all

Hi dannyheffer,

Your Sonos system is stuck in the fully wireless setup while your BRIDGE is in the mesh setup. This is preventing the Sonos units from communicating properly. Please reboot each of your wireless players and see if that helps. If not, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number.
I have exactly the same thing.. plays a little the song, then stops, then when I try to change it get lost.. Nevertheless the TuneIn radio works.. It get lost with Spotify.. It seems to be since there has been an update allowing Spotify to send music to Sonos.. I have been dealing with that since several weeks now, rebooting, removing the bridge, and it always happens.. start to be very annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have exactly the same thing.. plays a little the song, then stops, then when I try to change it get lost.. Nevertheless the TuneIn radio works.. It get lost with Spotify.. It seems to be since there has been an update allowing Spotify to send music to Sonos.. I have been dealing with that since several weeks now, rebooting, removing the bridge, and it always happens.. start to be very annoying.

Hi NIKKOLAS,

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll look into it for you.
Ran diagnostic... Very strange.. Sonos runs with one of the speaker, but not wiht the 2 others.Diagnostic 7193388
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ran diagnostic... Very strange.. Sonos runs with one of the speaker, but not wiht the 2 others.Diagnostic 7193388

There's an error showing up which is usually resolved by rebooting all of your Sonos units. Please try that then let me know if any issues continue.
I'm having the same issue super frustrating

Diagnostics number 7219099
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having the same issue super frustrating

Diagnostics number 7219099

Hi khaps77,

There's some wireless interference showing up from nearby networks. Please try changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system to 1.

It may also help to update your Sonos system to the most recent version.