Question

spotify skips

• 20 June 2019
  • 3 replies

1722139317 diagnostic. Spotify skipping. Seems like interference is often blamed. I have 2 fire TVs, 2 fire sticks, an August lock, 7 Sonos speakers. Would love an easy resolution for an average tech person. When there is direction to move speakers, how far? I have a beam that’s used for my smart tv that has a fire stick.

3 replies

Also, I do have a WiFi extender. I have disabled it as a trouble shooting measure. Apparently I read where these can cause connection issues.
While you wait for Sonos Community Moderators to look at your diagnostic:

Yes, sometimes wifi extenders work poorly with Sonos, when Sonos is on their wifi connection.

You may want to try wiring a Sonos device directly to your root router, and see if they work better on the SonosNet mesh network.

And here's a good reference for wifi interference with other devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
1722139317 diagnostic. Spotify skipping. Seems like interference is often blamed. I have 2 fire TVs, 2 fire sticks, an August lock, 7 Sonos speakers. Would love an easy resolution for an average tech person. When there is direction to move speakers, how far? I have a beam that’s used for my smart tv that has a fire stick.

Thanks for the report. Airgetlam is on the right track, there's wireless interference causing communication issues. A few of your Sonos units have lost their network addresses since they can't communicate with the router. Follow the steps in the guide Airgetlam linked, and see if that helps. Take a look at your router to see if it's creating a guest network on the same wireless channel as well.