Question

Spotify plays 1 track then Connection to Spotify is Lost

Badge
I am having a problem with Spotify.
I can play 1 track through Spotify (sometimes none) then the 'Connection to Spotify if Lost'.
I have made sure everything us updated and turned everything on and off again and no joy.
I dont know what else to do.

53 replies

I was thinking that I was the only one with this problem, at least we are 2, I feel less lonely now :)

So, after the 7.0 update my play:1 cannot stream music from spotify anymore, just 1 track (a couple if I'm lucky, none if I'm not), I've contacted the support through twitter and email, I've sent multiple diagnostic but neither of them was able to solve my problem.

I've tried everything, I've changed the DNS, the wifi channel, the password of the sonos account, removed multiple times the spotify accounts from sonos app, rebooted everything but the problem still exists.

The support suggests me to contact the phone support, but sadly the opening hours of the service is incompatible with my work, I cannot be in front of my pc for that time of the day.

So... for me this is a very very very bad situation,I don't wanna change Spotify with other services but if the problem won't solve anytime soon I'm going to stop paying for Spotify Premium.

(sorry for my english, not native here)
I have a similar issue: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/after-updating-to-70-sonos-does-not-play-full-spotify-tracks-6762404/index1.html#post16070061
I've seen that Sonos team reply to some topic with similar problem, I'll try to post my diagnostic here, I hope someone could help me, I'll wait a couple of days and then I'll open a new topic with my problems, eventually.
My problem is described two post above, let me tell you that I don't have network problems, I've checked the ip address of my local area network and there is no conflict between ip address, plus Bandcamp on Sonos seems to works without a problem (5+ songs in a row, no errors) and Spotify OUTSIDE Sonos works without any problem on every OS I have (Win, Linux, Android) with eth cable or wifi networks, so the problems is Spotify on Sonos, not Spotify itself, not the entire Sonos system, just Spotify on Sonos.
I've sent the full diagnostic, the number is: 6859070

Could please someone check my problem?
I am having the same issue. I've submitted a support ticket, a number of diagnostics, and was told that "We are aware of the issue and this is very high priority for us".

During the 1.5 hour support call, we did find one interesting thing, if the songs you play in the queue are less than one minute, then everything seems to work fine. But when you queue normal length songs (3 minutes plus), the second song *never* plays :-(

It sucks, without Spotify integration, SONOS provides no value to me.

It would be great if SONOS could provide a more public update on what the issue is and how long they believe it will be until it is resolved...
So, after all I was lucky enough to find some time to call the European support and, like naes, I'm in waiting for a response from the support team, after a couple of hours of phone call.
At first glance I thought that song below 1 minute would play nice, but after a few tests that the support asked me to do, I was lucky (or unlucky? ^_^) to find that the problem is totally random, even songs that endure 50 seconds circa stops playing sometime.
Well... in the meantime Deezer is offering me a 3 months premium account for 99 cent, I hope that the problem with Spotify and Sonos will find a resolution before march 2017!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi folks,

If you're still getting connection to Spotify lost errors, please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Ive started getting this same problem very recently. Its most annoying after shelling out a lot of cash to get Sonos; Jeff S says

Jeff S wrote:

Hi folks,

If you're still getting connection to Spotify lost errors, please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.

I just get the message 'can't play xxx connexion to Spotify lost'; Ho do I get a diagnostic and confirmation number please???
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/~/submit-system-diagnostics

Copy the number and paste into this thread
Hi, same problems here. Diagnostics submitted 7023527. Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Pchsonos wrote:

Hi, same problems here. Diagnostics submitted 7023527. Thanks

Hi Pchsonos,

What is the make and model number of your router?
Sent via PM to you, Jeff
I have had the same issue for quite some time. Very frustrating. Diagnostics submitted 7027896. My two Play 3 speakers are useless to me without Spotify. Very unhappy, as it appears this problem is 1. long term and 2. widespread. Very poor service.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
C MILLER wrote:

I have had the same issue for quite some time. Very frustrating. Diagnostics submitted 7027896. My two Play 3 speakers are useless to me without Spotify. Very unhappy, as it appears this problem is 1. long term and 2. widespread. Very poor service.

Hi C MILLER,

What type of router are you using?
Netgear D6300 with a Sonos bridge. This all worked fine up until the update to allow Spotify to play directly over Sonos speakers.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
C MILLER wrote:

Netgear D6300 with a Sonos bridge. This all worked fine up until the update to allow Spotify to play directly over Sonos speakers.

There's a known issue with that router. I've applied a patch to your account. Please run updates on your Sonos system then test out Spotify again.
That seems to have sorted it out so far. Thanks!
I'm having the same problem that started a few days ago. Diagnostics submitted 7028773. Router is Arris DG1670A
I am having the same problem. Diagnostics confirmation number is 7059587, and the router is Arris DG1670.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Bruin wrote:

I'm having the same problem that started a few days ago. Diagnostics submitted 7028773. Router is Arris DG1670A

Hi Bruin,

I've created a support ticket for you: 170202-000025. Please give us a call and reference that number, you can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Madhuri wrote:

I am having the same problem. Diagnostics confirmation number is 7059587, and the router is Arris DG1670.

Hi Madhuri,

It would be best to work with our phone team to get this sorted out. Please call us up and reference case number: 170202-000022. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Thanks customer support helped me out and it's working fine!
I also am using spotify(trying to). It loses connection after each song. diag # 7060803. Have got netgear DS6300 router. This use to work!
I have the same issue.
Play:5, Play:3 works fine.
But when I add Playbar with Play:1 music from Spotify stops after few tracks.

Router - Technicolor TC7200
Diagnostics number - 7061265
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
nealc wrote:

I also am using spotify(trying to). It loses connection after each song. diag # 7060803. Have got netgear DS6300 router. This use to work!

Hi nealc,

I've applied a patch to your account. Please check for updates then try out Spotify once your system completes the update.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Sizar wrote:

I have the same issue.
Play:5, Play:3 works fine.
But when I add Playbar with Play:1 music from Spotify stops after few tracks.

Router - Technicolor TC7200
Diagnostics number - 7061265

Hi Sizar,

There's some wireless interference showing up on your system. This could be the reason why the music is stopping. Please try changing the wireless channel your system is using.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)