Answered

spotify play next song gets skipped

• 31 July 2021
  • 6 replies

When a playlist is playing, if you select a new song and select play next, that song will not be played. It is skipped and continues with the playlist. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 October 2021, 12:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Diagnostics number 329715379

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Spewdog 

Please note that if you reply to yourself, you are less likely to get a reply as your topic is no longer flagged as one needing a reply (I’ve asked for this issue to be addressed).

Anyway, your diagnostic indicates a single playback issue in the Study on Spotify on the 29th - I assume this the event you are referring to? It seems your speaker was unable to resolve the IP address for Spotify. I recommend you power-off your router for at least 30 seconds, then power back on and wait for WiFi. It may also help to reboot Sonos at the same time (or at least Study) - turn them off together with the router, and turn Sonos back on only once the router is back up-and-running.

I recommend you reboot your router a few times a year, regardless of whether you notice any issues, for the maximum reliability of any devices that utilise the network.

In addition, it seems your Kitchen (R) speaker is wired via ethernet to something that is not providing it with a network connection. Please disconnect this.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply corry.

the issue is occurring on all speakers as far as I can tell. 

I have not power cycled any Sonos priducts but the router has been recently. 

the study is the sonos that is plugged into the network so the gateway device I would guess you call it. 

The speakers don’t lose connection to Spotify, as it goes to the next song in the playlist and plays which is from Spotify. 

it only skips the song you have added to play next and injected into the play list. 

is there a way I can provide better stats by making the error occur then sending?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Spewdog 

is there a way I can provide better stats by making the error occur then sending?

Absolutely. Please submit the diagnostic immediately after reproducing the issue, then get in touch with our technical support team - as there was only one playback error in the 3 day uptime of your system when the previous diagnostic was submitted, I suspect this issue might not be getting reported by the system, in which case a screen-share demonstration may be in order.

If you have any WiFi boosters or extenders that your phone/tablet might be connecting to, please try with them turned off. Please also try from other phones/tablets, if you can. This could be an app-to-Sonos-system communication issue.

If you have crossfade enabled, please try with it disabled - in order to crossfade, the start of the next track needs to be pre-loaded, so if this happens before you add a track to be played next, the injected track selection may conflict with the crossfade and lose. This is just a theory, but worth testing, I think.

Was this resolved? I experience the same problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Pubsted & @Spewdog 

This is recognised as a known issue with Spotify playing on Sonos. We are currently working with Spotify to affect a resolution, but at present have no information to share on how long this will take to resolve. The fix will either be applied at the server level, or there will be a software update.

A workaround that you may find helpful is that the issue does not occur when using the Spotify app to initiate playback on your Sonos devices.