Answered

Spotify on Sonos stops mid song

• 7 January 2019
  • 6 replies

I’ve had Sonos for 2.5 days now and the first 2 days have been fine. Today, it keeps stopping playback from Spotify like it loses connection or turns off. My Connect went to a flashing white light the first time and I was in the other room with my One the second time but didn’t notice a flashing light. 1385115059 Is the diag from the first cut out. 360753756 Is the second.

What could be causing this? Spotify is up and accessible and I’m on fiber gigabit with a single router and a UniFi Pro WAP so the network is strong.
icon

Best answer by Healthier 31 January 2019, 00:56

Sorry for the slow reply - I was mid move. I got a final setup with a connect wired and everything else wireless (when I tried to wire multiple devices, it shut down my network, assuming due to an STP type broadcast storm that my switch couldn't handle despite saying it forwards BPDU packets without issue, whatever, not what I'm troubleshooting here). Turns out the problem I was experiencing is what you identified about 8 months ago at https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/sonos-freaking-out-when-playing-spotify-dailymix-6798522/index1.html. I shared the workarounds I found to that problem in the thread, just wanted to close the loop here. Thanks for your help, Keith N!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

And again this morning 208568299. Might be relevant that it said it couldn’t send diagnostics a few times before it would. I was actively using my network / Wi-Fi on other devices at the time (just gaming, no heavy usage that would interfere) and it maintained a steady connection with no lag on my games.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
It can still be wifi interference, even if other stuff is working fine. Hopefully a Sonos Rep will be along soon to tell you about your diagnostics.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Healthier. Thanks for sharing your diagnostic reports. How is your Sonos system currently set up? In the first two diagnostics, it seems that it is hardwired to the network, while in the last it seems to be connecting wirelessly to a wireless Ubiquiti network device.

If Sonos is having trouble submitting a diagnostic report, usually this points to there being a problem getting data to/from Sonos. In these cases, I usually recommend getting in contact with our support technicians as they are able to set up a remote session and get a closer, real-time look at how data is being routed along the network and ultimately to Sonos.
I was mid-move and had reconfigured things. Sorry for the inconsistent configuration in the reports. I’m in my new house now with my connect hardwired into my network and Wi-Fi disabled. The Sonos One is wireless. While I haven’t experienced the stopping in the middle of a song anymore, frequently throughout the day, Spotify stops playing between songs as if it’s reached the end of a playlist. I have it playing on an infinite radio station so there’s no end to the list. I have to go hit play each time at which point it resumes playing. It’ll typically play for an hour or two before doing this. Here’s the most recent diagnostic I generated after having to hit play after it stopped unexpectedly (it could have stopped playing quite some time ago as I had gone out for a few hours) 230586259.

Is this expected with Spotify? When the same playlist is played on a computer or iOS device, it never stops like it does when playing on Sonos. Is it a Sonos setting?
Scratch the last post, someone had changed what was playing to a finite playlist. Testing again with an infinite playlist over the next day and will report back.
Sorry for the slow reply - I was mid move. I got a final setup with a connect wired and everything else wireless (when I tried to wire multiple devices, it shut down my network, assuming due to an STP type broadcast storm that my switch couldn't handle despite saying it forwards BPDU packets without issue, whatever, not what I'm troubleshooting here). Turns out the problem I was experiencing is what you identified about 8 months ago at https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/sonos-freaking-out-when-playing-spotify-dailymix-6798522/index1.html. I shared the workarounds I found to that problem in the thread, just wanted to close the loop here. Thanks for your help, Keith N!