Spotify not working since couple of weeks

• 4 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Spotify is massively out of sync since a couple of weeks. I remember I installed updates to both Spotify and Sonos. So there are on the latest version.

Since three years it is normal that Spotify and Sonos are sometimes out of sync, but this time it is heavily broken and does not recover 

I start playing a list. I press next maybe. Works. And after a few minutes the problem already appears. The song in Spotify is a wrong one. I sometimes cannot even press next anymore. Volume is buggy too

When I use the Sonos app it works. I can see the correct song, next and previous works

please please fix this

I just took a diagnosis: 1849336499

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Spotify is massively out of sync since a couple of weeks. I remember I installed updates to both Spotify and Sonos. So there are on the latest version.

Since three years it is normal that Spotify and Sonos are sometimes out of sync, but this time it is heavily broken and does not recover 

I start playing a list. I press next maybe. Works. And after a few minutes the problem already appears. The song in Spotify is a wrong one. I sometimes cannot even press next anymore. Volume is buggy too

When I use the Sonos app it works. I can see the correct song, next and previous works

please please fix this

I just took a diagnosis: 1849336499

You mention the Spotify app is out of sync, but say the Sonos App works, so just to clarify, are you playing music using the Spotify App using it’s ‘Connect’ or ‘Airplay’ connection to Sonos? It’s not clear what App you are using when playing your music, or what type of Mobile/PC device etc. Can you perhaps provide a little more detail, step-by-step perhaps?

If it’s the Spotify App however, rather than a Sonos issue, you may need to speak to Spotify, but try to give a bit more detail as to why you think it’s a Sonos issue that you’re seeing?

To report a problem to Spotify, click HERE.

I use the Spotify app. I use connect. 
I am on IPhone 11

I use the Spotify app. I use connect. 
I am on IPhone 11

Maybe as a first thing to try, see if a reboot of your router will sort the issue for you - meanwhile, is Sonos running on your WiFi with no devices wired at all, or are you using SonosNet - (with one device, at least, wired to the network)?