Spotify not working

I am having an issue where Spotify does not work. It will work for a few hours and then it will start to display the message "unable to play (song), connection to Spotify was lost". I was hoping to have someone help me figure how to get Spotify working consistently.

Thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
ableznak wrote:

I am having an issue where Spotify does not work. It will work for a few hours and then it will start to display the message "unable to play (song), connection to Spotify was lost". I was hoping to have someone help me figure how to get Spotify working consistently.

Thanks.

Hi ableznak,

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app then reply with the confirmation number.
Badge
I'm having the same issue. Can I submit a diagnostics report too, please? Just got Sonos a week ago and Spotify is dropping very often.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
jenmh wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Can I submit a diagnostics report too, please? Just got Sonos a week ago and Spotify is dropping very often.

Hi jenmh,

I'd be happy to take a look at a diagnostic report. Please send one in then reply with the confirmation number.
Badge
Here you go: 7259622.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
jenmh wrote:

Here you go: 7259622.

I've applied a patch to your system which may help. Please check for updates and run any that it finds. Then test out Spotify again and let me know how it goes.
Badge
I installed the patch yesterday. Today Spotify did the same fail after listening for about an hour.
Badge
Can you let me know if there is anything else that can be done? I've installed the initial patch you provided. But, I'm still having spotify fail randomly. And, it's not a WIFI issue as all other apps are working fine. It's unfortunate Sonos is having such issues with this as Spotify is my main music source.
Hi Jenmh

Could you visit http://pingtest.net and http://speedtest.net and run the respective tests and let us know the results.

Could you tell us who your broadband provider is and which router you have and what is physically connected to it, other than the power, and internet connection?

Then do you have any other networking infrastructure devices in your network, such as wireless boosters, extenders, repeaters, powerline adapters, access points or switches, if so what are they and how are they connected to your network.

Many thanks

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)