Answered

Spotify not connecting, but radio works

• 6 August 2016
  • 8 replies

Hi - For weeks I've been getting 'unable to play XXX - Connection to Spotify was lost' errors. I've reset everything but no luck and does not sound like an easy fix. Note the radio does work, however the sound quality is fairly poor. Could be related? Otherwise, internet is working fine.

Please help!

Diagnostic - 6422446
icon

Best answer by Max P 31 August 2016, 12:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi - For weeks I've been getting 'unable to play XXX - Connection to Spotify was lost' errors. I've reset everything but no luck and does not sound like an easy fix. Note the radio does work, however the sound quality is fairly poor. Could be related? Otherwise, internet is working fine.

Please help!

Diagnostic - 6422446

Hi Wakangas,

The errors showing up are login errors. It may help to remove Spotify from your Sonos system then add it back. This should update the login credentials. Please try that and send in a new diagnostic report if it doesn't work.
Hi Jeff S. I completely reset my sonos account and then readded sonos. Still not working. New diagnostic report - 6494268. Please help, have people coming over this weekend! 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Jeff S. I completely reset my sonos account and then readded sonos. Still not working. New diagnostic report - 6494268. Please help, have people coming over this weekend! ;)

Still, see a DNS issue in the diagnostic. Would you be able to log into your router and change your DNS? If yes, can you change them to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Once you have changed the DNS within the router remove your Spotify account within the Sonos app reboot all the Sonos units. Once reconnected re-add Spotify and you should be good to go.

Let us know how it works out. If needed we will create a ticket number or if you want you can contact us by phone right away. Here's own contact info: www.sonos.com/contact. A Sonos agent will be able to remotely connect to a computer and check the DNS.
Thanks, that now works under the new DNS settings! only issue is that my vpn via unblockus is no longer working... are there any smart vpn services whose dns settings will work for sonos / spotify connection?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Thanks, that now works under the new DNS settings! only issue is that my vpn via unblockus is no longer working... are there any smart vpn services whose dns settings will work for sonos / spotify connection? Unfortunately, not to my knowledge. But maybe someone of the community has an idea.
Sonos radio working but Spotify playlist are not.!
We had the same issue again and again and somehow it got fixed by itself. ..but not anymore?
Now it's working again...