Answered

Spotify no longer listing Sonos speakers?

• 20 September 2018
  • 10 replies

When inside the Spotify app (IPhone 😵, my Sonos speaker no longer appear in "Available devices". I can only see them when I select "Airplay devices". This means that I cannot see all my speakers, plus Im not a fan of the Airplay connectivity.

I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling both apps, also disconnecting the Spotify service from the Sons app and reconnecting it.

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by SebyM 26 September 2018, 19:55

Running into the same issue with the Windows App and Chrome Web App. Sonos just not showing up.

Looks similar to this thread (https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/spotify-app-not-showing-sonos-6762270/index4.html), but that one's closed with no apparent solution give (rather unprofessional...)

Every network is different, and there is no single fix for issues like this. Please try the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, and submit a diagnostic report if any issues continue. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.

Hey Jeff,

This is the 2nd time I'm running into this issue. Last time I didn't bother with it too much but now it annoyed me as I was just showing off my Sonos to a friend.

Rebooted the Sonos 1's, no fix. Noted that the Sonos pair did not show on the Android app either and the Android Spotify client did not show on either the Windows or Chrome apps (as targets).

Went with my next immediate guess and rebooted the PC. It fixed the issue on PC.

Then I moved to my Android phone. Same issue there. Disabled Wifi and moved to LTE, no change. Did not reboot but swiped away the Spotify App and reopened it, it fixed the issue on Android and both the Sonos and Android Spotify player (target) showed up on the Chrome App.

I think the Spotify app is the culprit somehow; it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Cheers and have a great evening, ask away if you need more details,
Sebastian
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When inside the Spotify app (IPhone 😵, my Sonos speaker no longer appear in "Available devices". I can only see them when I select "Airplay devices". This means that I cannot see all my speakers, plus Im not a fan of the Airplay connectivity.

I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling both apps, also disconnecting the Spotify service from the Sons app and reconnecting it.

Any ideas?

That's strange. It may help to reboot your router, the device running Spotify, and all of your Sonos units. If that doesn't do the trick, send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Running into the same issue with the Windows App and Chrome Web App. Sonos just not showing up.

Looks similar to this thread (https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/spotify-app-not-showing-sonos-6762270/index4.html), but that one's closed with no apparent solution give (rather unprofessional...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Every network is different, and there is no single fix for issues like this. Please try the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, and submit a diagnostic report if any issues continue. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.

Hey Jeff,

This is the 2nd time I'm running into this issue. Last time I didn't bother with it too much but now it annoyed me as I was just showing off my Sonos to a friend.

Rebooted the Sonos 1's, no fix. Noted that the Sonos pair did not show on the Android app either and the Android Spotify client did not show on either the Windows or Chrome apps (as targets).

Went with my next immediate guess and rebooted the PC. It fixed the issue on PC.

Then I moved to my Android phone. Same issue there. Disabled Wifi and moved to LTE, no change. Did not reboot but swiped away the Spotify App and reopened it, it fixed the issue on Android and both the Sonos and Android Spotify player (target) showed up on the Chrome App.

I think the Spotify app is the culprit somehow; it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Cheers and have a great evening, ask away if you need more details,
Sebastian
I have the same issue, but there are a few things I tried. I have a Play:1 and it's no longer listed in Spotify's available devices WHILE I have the speaker configured wirelessly (which is the most common thing). But, when I connect the speaker via LAN cable direct to my modem, it appears in Spotify's available devices, the second I disconnect the cable, it disappers from the list. However, the music service still works through Sonos app, but its a pain in the eyes to use it that way. By the way, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 to run Spotify, as well as Sonos app.

Cheers, and I apologize for any mistake in my english writing.
Gerardo Valderrama
Same for me. Sonos does not show up as device in Spotify (Spotify Connect). This is very annoying and I consider to return my Sonos speakers.
Diagnostic report # 272278969
Btw, Spotify works from the Sonos app
Sonos showed up in my wife’s phone (using Spotify with the same account) and all of a sudden Sonos was visible for me as well.

An hour later I checked my Spotify. No speakers in the list. This ruins the experience. Not sure if it’s Sonos or Spotify to ”blame” but we need a fix for this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Not sure if it’s Sonos or Spotify to ”blame” but we need a fix for this issue.
It's likely to be a local issue of some kind, probably network-related. This functionality is rock solid for most people. It might be best if you give Sonos a call or contact them over Twitter with your diagnostic number.