Spotify lost connection unable to play song

• 18 January 2017
  • 8 replies

As per all the previous users I am also having intermittent errors where it says it is unable to play the song because it has lost connection to Spotify- I have seen various comments about adding static op address on my router (I have tried setting static ip addresses however the changes do not seem to take effect ) and also trying to set my sonos wifi channel to an alternate channel - I have tried channels 1 6 and 11

I have 4 Play1 units connected via a sonos boost - I chose the boost as I thought it would make it a more robust setup however this does not seem to be the case.

I have tried numerous reboots of all devices including the router

I purchased the play1 and boost units within the last couple of weeks

Please refer to diagnostics
Your confirmation number is: 7008186

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi,
Channel 6 has been strong and steady, so I consider this issue resolved for me. Please close 7008622.
Hi CHRILADO and Telinoz,

In both of your diagnostic reports there shows a large amount of wireless interference. This is causing wireless communication errors which can lead to playback issues like you've described. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

I will try channel 6 for a while then instead of 1 and will get back to you on this thread.

However, I just want to point out that my speakers have been in the same place for years.
I've also been running the same router in the office where the bridge is located for a long time.

Anyway, we'll see I guess!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Since yesterday nothing from Spotify will be played on my Sonos system, regardless if it's from computer or from phone (using Spotify within Sonos). Everything else is ok (DI radio, Soundcloud etc) but Sonos refuses to play Spotify tracks. Spotify in itself runs perfectly ok.

Why is this and what can I do about it???

Hi Fredrik,

Please send in a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply with the confirmation number.
Since yesterday nothing from Spotify will be played on my Sonos system, regardless if it's from computer or from phone (using Spotify within Sonos). Everything else is ok (DI radio, Soundcloud etc) but Sonos refuses to play Spotify tracks. Spotify in itself runs perfectly ok.

Why is this and what can I do about it???
Thanks - as I previously stated I have tried ALL 3 channels that Sonos allows me to set - IE channels 1,6 and 11 -

I have recently found a way to set static IP addresses on my router (some previous blogs mention setting static ip addresses has resolved the issue) - I will monitor the Sonos system for these drop outs to see if my static ip address changes have solved the issue - so far I have been using Sonos for 3-4 hours without any issues - will see how the next few days go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi CHRILADO and Telinoz,

In both of your diagnostic reports there shows a large amount of wireless interference. This is causing wireless communication errors which can lead to playback issues like you've described. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.
Glad to hear it seems to be a recent issue and not something that's been an ongoing saga - seeing as I have only started using Sonos in the last couple of weeks I was concerned.
I have been eyeing the Sonos gear for a number of years and finally decided to spend the big bucks.

Looking at previous comments seems that there have been reports of this issue for the last couple of months maybe it was an update that caused it.

I hope it can be resolved easily and I do t end up regretting my purchase 😞
Hi, I'm having the same issue which has only started the last few weeks.
This has been solid for years.
My confirmation number is 7008622

I have a 3x Play:1, 1x Play:3, 1x Play:5 and 1x Connect. All connected using a BRIDGE as well. Which is connected to my router via GIGABIT Ethernet.

Long time user, I suspect this is due to some recent updates as this issue has never happened to me in all the years I've been using SONOS and SPOTIFY.

Note, I have used the Spotify program on my PC and streamed to any of the SONOS rooms and have NOT seen the same issue.
Therefore the logical conclusion is that SONOS software is losing connection to SPOTIFY.
I can replicate the same issue if playing off the SONOS App on my Android phone, again SONOS software.