Spotify loads playlists but won't play, says "Connection Lost"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'm not sure the DNS setting is the problem, as I am using the same router-just moved the Sonos from one room to another

I saw you made a post in a different thread and replied there.
Hi, im having The same issue diagnostics 7294836
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Rickard_nr1,

It looks like your Ubiquiti access points are running on different wireless channels. This can lead to connection issues for your Sonos units at times. Please try setting each of your access points to the same wireless channel.

Also, I've added a patch to your account which may help. Please check for updates on your Sonos system, run any that it finds, and test things out again.
I have only one ap, running both connect and play1 on it. Its 10m between ap an unit. Signal looks good in ap dashboard. I locked ap to channel 6 and only using 2,4ghz signal. For now it works better. I will test this for a week. Thanks!

Hi Rickard_nr1,

It looks like your Ubiquiti access points are running on different wireless channels. This can lead to connection issues for your Sonos units at times. Please try setting each of your access points to the same wireless channel.

Also, I've added a patch to your account which may help. Please check for updates on your Sonos system, run any that it finds, and test things out again.
Hi jeff
It worked well for one evening but now its the same again. The connect seems to work better but the music stops like its buffering or something. The play1 does barely work at all, sometimes i cant even add music to the playlist and most of the time it cant connect to spotify and sometimes it dissapear from the roomlist. Made a new diagnostics 7301455

Hi Rickard_nr1,

Hi

Looking at the diagnostic you sent it appears as though the received signal strengths to the players aren't quite good enough i.e. they are too far from the respective access point. For example the Badrum sees a far stronger signal from the Fossum2 2.4 network than that of the Fossum2.4 network you have the system setup on. i.e. the RSSI of the Bedrum is 21 , this needs to be more than 25 for any kind of reliable playback and the Connect is only receiving 24 also, and again the Fossum2 2.4 network is much stronger in this location.

It would make more sense to set the system up on the Fossum2 2.4 as it appears the signal strength is much greater.

To do this we need to temporarily connect one of your sonos devices to the router.

Then we can access the Sonos Application and then we need to go to "settings"->"Advanced settings"->Wireless setup and then select next, then select your wireless network and then enter your wifi password. (if you are unable to find advanced settings, check for online updates, then after updating you should see advanced settings)

Then you can remove the Ethernet cable from the player and router and relocate to your usual location.

Make sure all your players are turned on when you temporarily connect one of the devices to the router.

Do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks
Hi, that is very strange because i can see both sonos connect and play 1 connected to fossum2 2.4 with the same signal strength on 53 dbm.
Hello, same problem here with error message of connection to Spotify lost.
Diagnostic 902112161
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, same problem here with error message of connection to Spotify lost.
Diagnostic 902112161

Hi Peter,

It may help to clean up some of the wireless interference a bit. Your speakers are losing connection from time to time. Try changing your wireless network's channel to 1 and see if the Spotify connection issues go away. If not, send along a new diagnostic report and I'll take a look.
I am getting connection lost when trying to stream Amazon Music, Apple Music, and Spotify, but when I use Tunedin Music plays on all of my three speakers. I know that they are connecting to the internet, and have streamed with no problem up to just recently. I have two Sonos One's in my living room and a Sonos1 in my bathroom. I have rebooted the routers, rebooted the speakers. I even defaulted the two living room speakers.
You've done most of the troubleshooting steps I'd recommend, so I think at this point, your best bet would be to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Your confirmation number is: 1013071531. I ran diagnostics, and sent it in. Here is my number.
hello is this where I can submit my diagnostic - I'm getting the same error message re spotify connection lost