Spotify Issues Solved

• 11 February 2018
  • 1 reply

After doing a lot of reading and months of frustration with SONOS > Spotify integration (diagnostics, called them, reset network settings, deleted / re-installed Spotify and Sonos....etc., etc.), I have hit upon a solution that, for me, so far...works.

I waved goodbye to Sonosnet....and went pure WifI. No more skipping songs, no more partial playback. Sometimes it clunks around when I initially select a Sonos device....but then it works well. I have 2 Connects, a Connect Amp, and a Play:1. I wanted another Play:1 but my wife wouldn't permit that unless I fixed the Spotify problems 🙂.

I don't know if my solution will help others: I have roaring good WifI via 2 Ubiquiti Unifi AC Pro WAPs. I think Sonosnet was challenged due to the size of my home (?)....if I had more Sonos devices, perhaps Sonosnet would have worked better. Don't care....tired of spending time trying to address this....now that it's working, I doubt I'll revisit.

I do find it odd that I never had an issue over Sonosnet with playback from Tune-in, Sirius XM or my line-in CD player....just flippin' Spotify......

Hardwiring was my other option...read interesting articles about that....but it would have been costly....

Anyway, maybe this will help someone else....

Best,
-Brad

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Brad, happy to hear your system is working. We'd be happy to have a closer look at your system if you'd like. Send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.