Question

Spotify is not supported on this device - Alexa not working.

• 30 October 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello all,

I have 3 Sonos One devices and a Sonos Beam and as of three days ago, they have all stopped playing music on Spotify via Alexa. All 3 devices respond with: Spotify is not supported on this device. I can play Spotify via the Spotify App and the Sonos app, just not via Alexa. I can also play Spotify on Echo devices via Alexa. The issue seems to be localized to Spotify + Alexa + Sonos.

I’ve done the requisite disabling/enabling of the Spotify skill and checked the Sonos app for updates, but no luck. What else can I do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Having the same issue. Tried everything I can think of.

Might be an Amazon/Alexa issue.

Same issue

Same issue and tried exactly the same to troubleshoot

Having the same issue here

Same problem here. Spotify working fine on an Alexa dot in the house. 

Same.

Badge

Same here. It was working just fine this afternoon. Routines that set with playing songs on Spotify will also show the same response.

Same issue here, ‘Spotify is not supported on this device’ on my echo show and 2 echo dots.

BIG same here! 

three Sonos one have the same issue.

I have tried all the tips online and tried a lot of resets, but still not working.

It was fine last night.

Now I know I am no the only one, lol

From what I read above from Sonos community, seems an issue from Amazon Alexa rather than Sonos.

Badge

Another one here.

Strangely, if I say ‘Alexa - resume’ it will strike up with not only the last track listened to on Spotify but if I have spotify running on my phone then it will take over at that point and allow me to control things also, for example; play, pause, next etc.

My Sonos system WILL NOT allow me to ask direct for tracks, playlists etc though.

My Echo show WILL allow me to request tracks, playlists etc like other people seem to be experiencing @driver55 

Same issue here, ‘Spotify is not supported on this device’ on my echo show and 2 echo dots.

Same here… out of the blue. yesterday everything was fine. I also reset the skill, reinstalled Alexa on my devices… it has to be either on Sonos or Spotify side. Maybe API issues.

happen to me as well

Same here… out of the blue. yesterday everything was fine. I also reset the skill, reinstalled Alexa on my devices… it has to be either on Sonos or Spotify side. Maybe API issues.

It fixed itself on my end (for now..). I don't know how since I did’t do anything but I can request Spotify playlists and songs again via Alexa on my Sonos one. 

It fixed itself on my end (for now..). I don't know how since I did’t do anything but I can request Spotify playlists and songs again via Alexa on my Sonos one. 

Oh, you’re right. I’ve tested on my Sonos One. Seems the Spotify services initiation via Alexa voice command is working now.

Update for my issue:

seems Spotify suddenly works gain now :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Appears to have resolved on my end too. Hopefully just a transient issue. 

Badge

Fixed for me too.

In England if this makes any difference to people at all.