Question

Spotify dropouts getting worse, basically unusable

• 2 December 2016
  • 1 reply

The last few days I've been having so many issues with my Sonos system. I can't play Spotify Premium at all, most songs are dropping out. I've rebooted my router, checked my internet connection speed (12.7Mb/0.7Mb), analysed the WIFI bands, and I"m on the best channel for my area, with minimal inteferrence.

Very frustrated. I've submitted a diagnostic: 6818287

Oh and playing Spotify direct on my desktop pc and on my phone, I get no dropouts at all...

Also, streaming my own music from my NAS is fine, no drop outs, so that eliminates the WIFI speed as the problem. Leaving just the Internet speed, which seems just fine to stream Netflix.

Please help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The last few days I've been having so many issues with my Sonos system. I can't play Spotify Premium at all, most songs are dropping out. I've rebooted my router, checked my internet connection speed (12.7Mb/0.7Mb), analysed the WIFI bands, and I"m on the best channel for my area, with minimal inteferrence.

Very frustrated. I've submitted a diagnostic: 6818287

Oh and playing Spotify direct on my desktop pc and on my phone, I get no dropouts at all...

Also, streaming my own music from my NAS is fine, no drop outs, so that eliminates the WIFI speed as the problem. Leaving just the Internet speed, which seems just fine to stream Netflix.

Please help

Hi Mr Spot,

There looks to be some wireless interference causing communication errors between your Sonos system and home network. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 6 as this is the least crowded channel.