Question

Spotify disconnects from SONOS.

Approx. 1-2 month ago Spotify started to disconnect to SONOS.
However, SONOS will play a spotify playlist for maybe 15-30 minutes and then it disconnects.
Furthermore, I can't connect right away but have to wait for quite some time (> 15-30 minutes) in order to be able to reconnect.

Until that time the spotify play lists have been working perfectly, but this is driving me nuts now.
Anyone with a solution?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day. o:)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Badge +1
Approx. 1-2 month ago Spotify started to disconnect to SONOS.
However, SONOS will play a spotify playlist for maybe 15-30 minutes and then it disconnects.
Furthermore, I can't connect right away but have to wait for quite some time (> 15-30 minutes) in order to be able to reconnect.

Until that time the spotify play lists have been working perfectly, but this is driving me nuts now.
Anyone with a solution?

Hi TBWJ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing interruptions on playback from Spotify. This can be caused by a variety of things. I'd first suggest taking a look over this FAQ on 'Audio playback stops or skips' - https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/309.

Moving forward, I'd like to further investigate, can I ask you to submit a diagnostic report and respond here with a note of the confirmation number? This FAQ details how to submit a diagnostic - https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/diagnostic.
Thanks so far.
I just started playing from Spotify and made a diagnostic report = 6608602.

My music stopped and I made another diagnostic report = 6608764.

Thanks in advance and have a nice evening. o:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No problem, TBWJ. There's a bit of interference on your BRIDGE. Can you please move this a bit further from anything else that is electronic or wireless enabled in its direct proximity, then test the system again? 1-2 feet should suffice. Please be sure to send us more diagnostics having done this. Thanks!
I changed the bridge and moved it away form other electrical equipment, but still the same problem with spotify.

In the attachment you see what happens after disconnection from spotify. It writes (Can't play "Shadow Dancing" could not connect to Spotify).
I even't can connect sometimes for half an hour and this never happened before until 2-3 months ago and obviously it is very annoying.
It seems that only Spotify is the problem.

Forwarded new diagnostic = 6624032

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi TBJW, on that diagnostic the BRIDGE now has a very clear wireless signal, however all the rest of the system is now showing high interference. Can you change your SonosNet channel to both 1 and 6? Play some music on channel 1 for 5 minutes, and then send us a new diagnostic. Repeat this for channel 6, and let us know your confirmation numbers.

Are you using any wireless security cameras, doorbells, heating/lighting systems? The kind of interference we are seeing looks like there's something like this in play. If you have anything like that, can you post the make&model of it?
Hi there.
Just for your information once again, I am only having problems with spotify actually.
Sometimes I can't even add a playlist and the music still stops, so seen from my side the spotify part of Sonos is giving me trouble, which had not happened before.

Anyway here comes channel 1 = 6646620.
Channel 6 = 6646602.
Channel 11 = 6646630.

Is there some test to do only in regards to spotify, which seem to be the only problem?
It is like the spotify integration to Sonos has some problems as I see it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for getting back to us with the diagnostics. The good news is that the interference is no longer present. Have you tried changing the DNS in your router? You may wish to try Google DNS: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. If you are unsure how to do this, please let us know.
Hi there.

Thanks, I will try that.

Do you know for sure that this may have an impact on the spotify streaming in Sonos?

Did you ever resolve this problem, it looks like i have a problem allmost identical ..
I can see you are from Denmark - So am i, and my spotify premium is paid by Telia (phone company) i don't know if any of this information can help resolve the issue.

But i have to say that the Spotify - Sonos combination is the only reason i have both spotify premium and i bought sonos speakers.

Regards
No, I did not resolve it, but I did not change my DNS yet to test that.

Anyway, my spotify with Sonos has been working in several years, but now I have problems.
However, I only have problems with Spotify and not other music services.

I will work with the DNS test in the weekend and let you know.

Have a nice day. o:)
Badge +1
Hello TBWJ,

Looks like we’ve done just about all the best steps we can here online. At this point it would be best to work with a technician live. I have created a ticket for you regarding these dropouts. The ticket number is 161027-001667. Can you please give us a call using the contact information here and we can pick up where we left off?

@tirdyr We'd be happy to take a look at your system as well. There have been some outages recently but if Spotify is still cutting out, mind submitting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with the confirmation number?
Hi there.

First of all thanks a lot for the help so far.

However, I have good news, i.e. I downloaded new firmware to my router today and have kept the DNS. I have now played Spotify on Sonos for several hours, so it actually looks very promising.

I will keep playing as long as possible and see if it stops, but for now it looks very good.

I will get back with a status as soon as possible.

Hi there.

Latest status is that my Spotify on Sonos has been playing all night and all afternoon/evening yesterday. Jubii.........................

The trick was apparrently updating my router for Spotify even though other streaming services were performing well.

I will hereby say thanks for the help and hope that others may use this information.

Have a nice day. 🙂