Answered

Spotify connection lost

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Diagnostics confirmation number 1623634040

For the past few days I can hardly use Sonos for streaming Spotify. In most cases it will say ‘connection lost’.

Yesterday morning it did not work, yestarday afternoon it worked, and right now it is not working again.

I have tried the following:

• remove and re-add Spotify
  • uninstall and re-install both Apps, Sonos and Spotify
  • restart router

Could someone please point me in the right direction…? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 May 2021, 07:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Update: now it does work again… so weird…

maybe someone at Sonos can see any differences from before and after?

New diagnostics 2124123886

Just a note, it’s possible it’s not an issue in your local network, or in the Sonos software, there could have been an outage affecting the speaker’s ability to reach the Spotify servers, or even the Spotify servers could have been temporarily down. 

Just a note, it’s possible it’s not an issue in your local network, or in the Sonos software, there could have been an outage affecting the speaker’s ability to reach the Spotify servers, or even the Spotify servers could have been temporarily down. 

Good point… I wonder if more people were experiencing the same issues... it’s so strange, really… now this morning one Sonos Roam is offline for no apparent reason; everything else is working fine, it seems.

I only offer that as a possibility. There are often folks posting here about Spotify, some of them turn out to be local network issues, some not. So far, I’ve not seen it to be an issue with Sonos software, but there’s always a slight possibility that it could be. But if it was endemic, I’d expect thousands of posts about it within a 24 hour period….something I’ve not yet seen.

Same thing happening for me.

For 3 days now I am unable to play anything on my 5 Sonos speakers, an error comes up that reads ‘Unable to play X connection to Spotify was lost’

Before this issue came about, the system would play 5 seconds of a song before changing track, unprompted. Looping playlists over and over with only 5 seconds of each song.

I ran a system diagnostic and my number is: 1973324632

I’m running the latest version of Sonos system. Other music services are working ok.

Please list out ways I can solve this. Please see below steps I have already taken

1. Restarted modem and router 3 times. (Including unplugging power for 3 minute reset)

2. Disconnected the Spotify account 3 times and reauthroized the account 3 times.

3. The system has no updates to install. I cannot update Sonos.

Having the same issue here and have tried all the solutions I can find online

what is going on

this makes my Sonos system useless

Having the exact same issue, did the exact same thing as above user…. i am becoming beyond frustrated with my sonos.. 

My spotify plays fine with my google speakers at the office. At home spotify plays fine my apple tv but not my sonos. Tried reinstalling the sonos app 3 times , removed the spotify app 3 times .. and still nothing. Keep getting the same error “unable to play, song name, connection to spotify was lost” 

If we are assuming it’s a Sonos issue, and not a Spotify issue, have any of you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

I’ve been having connection issues with Spotify for the past few days also. All the other services work just fine can’t imagine it’s just my Wi-Fi causing this problem. Spotify is literally the only one that won’t work. I’ve tried removing and re-adding I’ve also rebooted my routers nothing seems to help.

Since the system is working otherwise, that would suggest an issue on the Spotify side of things, but it may also make sense to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

Since the system is working otherwise, that would suggest an issue on the Spotify side of things, but it may also make sense to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

I should have added that it works fine when I use AirPlay. It’s I my when I use the Sonos app that the connection breaks. But I’ve sent a report. 

Userlevel 2

Having the same issue. Spotify working fine with Alexa devices, Tesla, etc.. Sonos working with all services except Spotify.

I’m 95% sure that the router that Spotify has told Sonos to point to is a different one then they use for their own app to connect to. Which would explain why their system works on your phone (and AirPlay) but not within the Sonos controller. 

For what it’s worth, and it’s unclear from your post, just submitting a diagnostic doesn’t garner a review. You have to either call in, or post the diagnostic number here. It may be valuable to read the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread.

Same ‘connection lost to Spotify’ issue.  Happening since this morning.  Hasn’t worked all day.  Sonos works with all other services.  Spotify works fine without Sonos.  Diagnostics submitted.

Hopefully, you’ll call them with the number of that diagnostic. 

Still nothing..

Same ‘connection lost to Spotify’ issue.  Happening since this morning.  Hasn’t worked all day.  Sonos works with all other services.  Spotify works fine without Sonos.  Diagnostics submitted.

Badge +4

Just got off the phone with Sonos, reporting the same issue you were having too. Solution was to simply power cycle all the Sonos units. So far so good, in terms of this fixing the issue.

Just got off the phone with Sonos, reporting the same issue you were having too. Solution was to simply power cycle all the Sonos units. So far so good, in terms of this fixing the issue.

Awesome!  Going to try now.  Thanks NG!

I’m having this same issue - connection lost when playing Spotify through Sonos (through Sonos app or from Spotify Connect) but other services work fine. The problem is intermittent but has recently become unworkable.

I’ve been trawling through various forums (Spotify, Sonos or Linksys Velop). All of them have something to say, even offer answers, but finding the ‘answer’ that makes your own system work seems near impossible for most people - or seems to be achieved through random acts of trial and error, with fingers firmly crossed. Only a few have said it’s because of a specific thing. The thing I find most odd is why these connectivity issues affect Spotify so much more than any other service.  

Anyway, I’ve done all the usual - reinstalled Spotify, made sure no one else is using Spotify on another device, rebooted routers, rebooted Sonos, stripped the Sonos system down to just two speakers to see if there was an issue with hardware or connectivity, but… eventually the issue comes back. I am tempted to try Sonosnet, but resent having to do so because the wifi is pretty good throughout the house, and (from what I understand) I would need to plug one of the Sonos speakers in to the root Linksys node, which is not somewhere I would want a speaker.

My setup is 4 Linksys Velop nodes. 5 Play:1s (four of which are in 2 pairs) and a Play:3. The wifi doesn’t have connectivity issues on any devices, even the Sonos speakers. Spotify plays fine on phones and tablets, just not through Sonos.

It has been working okay today (playing on a standalone Play:1) but since around 4pm UK time has failed to work.

So, I ran a diagnostic (confirmation number: 660019190) and logged in to the forum.

I’m not sure of the etiquette of reaching support, but having come to the end of my ‘good ideas’ I figured I had to try here.

Thanks for any help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Same here.  Having connections lost to Spotify off and on for the last week or two. All other services work fine and Internet is fine.

I refuse to talk to Sonos tech support at this point because I do not have 3 hours to spare.

Badge

Seeing the same problem. Seems to have started after update to last Sonos release as prompted by the controller. Other music services: Amazon and Sirius/XM working fine. Build showing as 63288230

Diagnostic number: 326162200

Same problem as everyone else. Same error message, no matter how often I re-authorize the spotify account or restart the app. 

Hoping Sonos fixes this soon.

Badge

Same problem, same error message here.

Its interesting to see some many people being told its a problem with their local network when the only thing they probably have in common is Sonos.

Same problem here