Answered

Spotify connection dropping out

• 19 December 2016
  • 10 replies

Hi, I have Spotify running thru my sonos system and all was fine until recently, when it started losing connection to Spotify after playing the first track, skipping to new tracks until it realises no connection is available and stops attempting playback.

I have reset the sonos controller, rebooted my router repeatedly, rebooted the speakers repeatedly, and nothing has worked.

I ran a diagnostic and the code generated was 6891202.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, Dave
icon

Best answer by Max P 20 December 2016, 10:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi David, welcome to the community.

I've reviewed your diagnostic and found peaks of WiFi interference that is leading to the problems the system is experiencing.
At the moment your Sonos is communicating with WiFI channel 1. Would you mind testing the other two WiFi channels 6 and 11for about 20mins each.
Here's an article explaining how to change Sonos wireless channel.
Thanks Max, at work now so I'll reconfigure and test when I get home this evening.

Is there anyway I can review the diagnostic data myself in future instead of firing it to yourselves?
Hi Max, I've run the system on new channels and nothing, the Spotify connection still is unstable, playing one song before losing connection. I factory reset all my Sonos speakers to see if that would work and nothing.

I changed my router wireless channel to 11 as well just in case this was at issue, but still nothing.

Have run a further diagnostic; 6895684

So you're aware, my playbar connects by cat 5 direct to my router, with my play 1 and play 3s wireless. I haven't made any hardware changes, i.e. new router or new speakers, this setup I've has for a few years now.

The control Sonos through Spotify app direct doesn't work either.

Thanks and best regards, Dave
Sounds like the same problem we are having;
https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-connection-to-spotify-lost-6762515
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Max, I've run the system on new channels and nothing, the Spotify connection still is unstable, playing one song before losing connection. I factory reset all my Sonos speakers to see if that would work and nothing.

I changed my router wireless channel to 11 as well just in case this was at issue, but still nothing.

Have run a further diagnostic; 6895684

So you're aware, my playbar connects by cat 5 direct to my router, with my play 1 and play 3s wireless. I haven't made any hardware changes, i.e. new router or new speakers, this setup I've has for a few years now.

The control Sonos through Spotify app direct doesn't work either.

Thanks and best regards, Dave

Hi Dave,

It would be best to work with our phone team on this issue. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161221-000128. You can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-connection-to-spotify-lost-6762515

Hi Gnat666,

Please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the number, I'll take a look.
Hi I seem to have the same problem.

my diagnostics number is 6896986

This worked fine before the update where my sonos system was supposed to be controlled by my spotify player, and tune in works just fine. It seems to be a conflict between spotify and sonos.

Hi Gnat666,

Thanks Jeff, per the other thread post, Diagnostic 6896107 already sent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Gnat666,

Thanks Jeff, per the other thread post, Diagnostic 6896107 already sent.

I'd like to get you in touch with our phone team on this issue. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161221-002588. You can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi I seem to have the same problem.

my diagnostics number is 6896986

This worked fine before the update where my sonos system was supposed to be controlled by my spotify player, and tune in works just fine. It seems to be a conflict between spotify and sonos.

Hi AndersThi,

I've created a support ticket for you: 161221-002605. Please reach out to our phone team and reference that number. Our phone number and hours are found here.