Answered

Spotify connection and surround sound

• 18 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Having a lot of difficulty recently with sonos connecting to Spotify. Depending on the song selected I got a message saying the connection to Spotify has been lost. Sonos then skips to the next song and it might or might not play!
Also having problems with surround sound setup where two play1s and a sub drop out randomly form a number of seconds before coming back.
Diagnostic is 864697637

Help needed
icon

Best answer by Keith N 27 March 2018, 00:37

Thanks for the description. My best recommendation would be to create a little more space (~1m) between your PLAYBAR and these other broadcasting devices. They are causing significant interference between your PLAYBAR and the surrounds. If you are still having problems, I would recommend giving our technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, crisptowel. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Based on the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems that the PLAYBAR in the Cave is having a hard time with a fluctuating noise floor and physical electronic errors. This is normally caused by electronic devices or the immediate surrounds of the PLAYBAR. Since this device feeds the rest of Sonos, we should address this first. Could you please describe the immediate surrounds along with any devices that broadcast wireless signal? Thanks in advance!
Hi Keith thanks for your reply. The immediate surrounds of the playbar are: philips hue bridge, sky q mini box and tplink 8 port switch which is how the playbar is hard wired to my network. What do you suggest as a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the description. My best recommendation would be to create a little more space (~1m) between your PLAYBAR and these other broadcasting devices. They are causing significant interference between your PLAYBAR and the surrounds. If you are still having problems, I would recommend giving our technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time.