Answered

Spotify Connect starts playing at the wrong time on Roam

• 12 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to see if anyone had run into the same issue as me on my Roam, and if so if they were able to resolve the issue.

The first time I start a playing session with Spotify Connect, the song I choose to play starts playing about half-way through. However, the progress bar in the Spotify app starts from the start of the song - so there is a disconnect between the actual audio of the song and what is shown in the app.

If I manually drag the progress back to the start, the audio and the progress bar sync perfectly to the start of the song.

A couple of other observations:

• This only happens with the first song played after connecting to the Roam with Spotify Connect within the Spotify app
  • This only happens with Spotify connect. The Sonos app, Airplay etc all work as expected.
  • About 1/10 times the Spotify Connect doesn’t even connect and I have to restart the app a few times to get it working.
  • This only seems to be happening on iPhone. When starting a Connect session from my PC it seems okay.
  • This is only happening with my Roam - all other Connect sessions are working with my other devices (Google Nest etc.)

Things I have tried to remedy:

• Reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone
  • Reset the Roam to factory settings.

Neither worked sadly! Has anyone else run into these issues? If not, is there someone at Sonos who can help me find out what’s going wrong?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 August 2021, 10:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@jgk-iles,

I saw this post earlier and went away to see if I could replicate this issue on my iPhone XR running iOS 14.7.1 and Spotify App version 8.6.50.969… however I couldn’t replicate the matter, but admittedly I’m only using the ‘free’ version of Spotify.

When I cast from the iPhone’s Spotify App to my Sonos Roam called ‘Voyager’ I just see a ‘now playing’ screen as per the attached image and the progress of the track looks fine (taken at approx. 30+secs into the track), although I don’t see an option to scrub through the track when casting to any Sonos speaker - I’m not sure if that’s a limitation of the free version of Spotify, or a bug in the Spotify App?

Anyhow, I just thought I would post my findings here anyway for you to see/compare FWIW. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jgk-iles 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you try rebooting your iPhone. 

If that doesn’t help, you can also try rebooting your router and removing Spotify from your Sonos system and adding it again.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

I hope this helps.