Spotify cannot connect to Sonos

• 20 January 2021
  • 9 replies

We have had our Sonos and Spotify Premium for four years, everything was working well. For the last two weeks whenever we try to play music from Spotify through our Sonos we keep getting an error message ‘cannot connect to Sonos. We have uninstalled then reinstalled the apps, updated everything, reset the wifi. But still not connecting. Sonos will only play our radio stations. Any tips or other things to try would be a big help. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Diane21, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue, I’m thinking this could be an issue with the connections, but we want to take a closer look on the historical status of your Sonos system,  please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of the issue. Have you tried it on another device controller where you have the Sonos and the Spotify App if the same issue will happen?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

There’s obviously an issue here, look at all the posts about Spotify not working. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist… Do Sonos support actually test this?

Badge

Badge

Badge

It’s getting really old paying a premium for these products and having simple features like this not work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dropdx, thanks for the update and sorry to know about this issue on Spotify on Sonos, we currently have an outage with Spotify on Sonos, we’re working with our team to have it fixed as soon as possible. You may check the outage status on our website status.sonos.com.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Hi there @Diane21, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue, I’m thinking this could be an issue with the connections, but we want to take a closer look on the historical status of your Sonos system,  please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of the issue. Have you tried it on another device controller where you have the Sonos and the Spotify App if the same issue will happen?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon B. I had an online chat with support on Wednesday for nearly two hours talking to Rares. I sent two diagnostic reports. Reres said he could see something with our internet stopping the spotify app connecting to sonos. The only way we could get it to work was by plugging an ethernet cable from our router into the play 5 unit. That is not ideal. We have never had to have it directly connected to the router. But are still having problems now. Spotify will not connect with Sonos. I will sent another diagnosis report, 

I just need to get this sorted as we are sick to death of paying for it and it not working properly.

Diane

Hi there @Diane21, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue, I’m thinking this could be an issue with the connections, but we want to take a closer look on the historical status of your Sonos system,  please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of the issue. Have you tried it on another device controller where you have the Sonos and the Spotify App if the same issue will happen?

Hi Simon B. I had an online chat with support on Wednesday for nearly two hours talking to Rares. I sent two diagnostic reports. Reres said he could see something with our internet stopping the spotify app connecting to sonos. The only way we could get it to work was by plugging an ethernet cable from our router into the play 5 unit. That is not ideal. We have never had to have it directly connected to the router. But are still having problems now. Spotify will not connect with Sonos. I will sent another diagnosis report, 

I just need to get this sorted as we are sick to death of paying for it and it not working properly.

Diane

The diagnostic report number is 26017922

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Diane21, thanks for the update and I apologize for the late response and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the report it shows that there’s Interference in your connections which causes the dropouts and Audio playback errors on your Spotify. Are there any objects that may cause interference between your Wifi router and the Sonos speakers? Kindly check this article about Reducing wireless interference for some troubleshooting steps. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.