Answered

Spotify & Calm Radio Skipping/Stopping Through Sonos

• 2 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Support Diagnostics Support Number 1681447760

This happens at random times on random tracks. If it skips or stops, I can go back to the track it skipped and play it again with no issue most of the time. I can listen to entire playlists on Spotify and all night playing Calm Radio with no interruptions, but then experience stoppages on both at other times.
I just listened to an entire album on Spotify with no issues. Went to a playlist still in Spotify and it started skipping then stopped. I then went to the beginning and it played fine for a few tracks then stopped again.

I have one zone running on a Sonos Amp hardwired to a network switch. I have four Play:1 speakers and one Sonos One. I also have a Sonos Bridge hardwired to the router.

I used to have AT&T UVerse DSL internet and never had these issues. As soon as I switched to Spectrum internet with a new modem/router, this started to happen.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 13 November 2018, 12:56

Hi, MartynF. I have checked your diagnostic and can see a lot of WiFi interference. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. I would also suggest changing your Sonos wireless channel. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any changes you've made, please submit further diagnostics and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, MartynF. I have checked your diagnostic and can see a lot of WiFi interference. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. I would also suggest changing your Sonos wireless channel. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any changes you've made, please submit further diagnostics and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.