Question

Spotify app not showing Sonos

• 8 December 2016
  • 94 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

94 replies

Amazing that this is still not fixed after so many months, and the support people are experimenting with solutions. For me, rebooting my Sonos Connect (unplug power, wait 10 seconds, plug in again, wait 30 seconds) made the Sonos system reappear in Spotify. I had a power failure yesterday and wonder if the Sonos Connect was boggled by that. Then again, I am not certain the feature was working just before the power failure, either. Sonos people: this feature was advertised quite a while ago and caused a lot of excitement, so it seems time to have some real solution in the pipeline.
SOLVED

Apologies if this has already been found - I couldn't be bothered reading all the comments!

As many here, my Spotify app was not picking up my Sonos speakers. Here's how I solved it:

My WiFi has two networks: XXXXX-2G and XXXXX-5G. I told my phone to forget the 2G network and then connected to the 5G network. Simple as that, Spotify now shows my speakers again.

You're welcome ?
Stopped working again and my previous "fix" of connectng with my 'phone hasn't worked this time.

Diagnostics 7702902.
I am having the same issue. Tried rebooting the Sonos speaker. Tried attaching it directly to the router. Nothing. Has worked in the past, but sporadically. As soon as I start Spotify on my Android phone, it finds my computer through Spotify connect and vice-versa, but not the Sonos speakers (I have 4 Play-1s).

Edit: Even more strange. I updated the Spotify App on my PC. When I first started the app, it could only see my phone. After the app sat for a while, it was then able to see my Sonos speakers, but my phone could still not see the Sonos speakers. After I started listening, from my PC Spotify app, to the Sonos speaker in my office, the Android Spotify App could THEN see the Sonos speaker on which I was listening, but still none of the other Sonos speakers. The PC Spotify app is able to see all of the Sonos speakers.

Edit: After about 15 minutes of the PC being able to see the Sonos speakers, that is now no longer true.

Very frustrating.

Diagnostic number 7881304.
Badge
Sonos has the wrong Spotify account log-in. Can I change that in Sonos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Sonos has the wrong Spotify account log-in. Can I change that in Sonos?
Absolutely. On your mobile device, go to Settings>My Music Services, then select Spotify. On the menu that appears, select re-authorize. This will ask you to sign into Spotify, where you can input the correct credentials.

Feel free to reach out should you have any questions or need me to clarify anything. Thanks.
It looks like it has something to do with grouping together speakers. heer2351 also noticed this.
I could select Sonos from my spotify app on pc until I had to reinstall the Sonos-app. Now my speakers are visable as a group. This wasn't the case when everthing was working fine.

Why is it that the speakers are now visable as a group and not before? If i can change that back, maybe it will fix the issue
FIX!

Ok so, I had to stereo-pair the speakers in the Sonos app... Now Sonos is visible in Spotify again!!! wh00t

It's like the DJ said on the radio. Life should be stereo, each day.

Hope this works for you guys!
What a joke. Four full pages of this problem and still not resolved by Sonos. Come on, is there a solution for this or not? Everyone on here has a different "trick" and most don't seem to work for more than a few days. What is the problem, Sonos??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would post my own thread describing your issue in particular. Or if you feel frustrated call Sonos on the phone and have them fix it for you.
Same problem - 8446217
Sonos, pls Fix this problem with Spotify!
No Spotify service listed on my Anroid Phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, all. This can arise for a number of reasons. That's why it seems like a problem that has so many hit-or-miss fixes. Local communication as well as how your router interacts with the outside world both have an influence here. Most commonly, in my experience, it relates to DNS on your router. You can try rebooting it as a first measure though this is not often successful. What I would recommend is logging into your router and changing it to Google DNS. Primary: 8.8.8.8 and Secondary: 8.8.4.4. Following this, a reboot of your speakers and controller(s) will be required. If this doesn't work, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number.

Same problem - 8446217
Thanks for providing this, Gummabus. Could you please follow the advice above and let us know how you get on?
Same here - 8481493
Userlevel 1
If you are on Android, connecting to a Sonos speaker is broken after the app version 8.4.24.871
If you download this version it finds immediately you Sonos, you can download it for this safe website https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-24-871-release/spotify-music-8-4-24-871-android-apk-download/

APK Mirror and Android Police are both properties of Illogical Robot LLC, our umbrella company. APK Mirror is managed by the same people who administer Android Police, and the two sites collaborate on an almost daily basis.
Can confirm this is a workaround although I don't get it why the problem doesn't get fixed. I'm still not seeing my Sonos speakers in the Spotify app since like 2 - 3 months now. Already talked to Sonos and Spotify support on Twitter but both couldn't find a solution. Really frustrating.

If you are on Android, connecting to a Sonos speaker is broken after the app version 8.4.24.871
If you download this version it finds immediately you Sonos, you can download it for this safe website https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-24-871-release/spotify-music-8-4-24-871-android-apk-download/

APK Mirror and Android Police are both properties of Illogical Robot LLC, our umbrella company. APK Mirror is managed by the same people who administer Android Police, and the two sites collaborate on an almost daily basis.
Userlevel 1
It's been fixed for me, I don't know exactly from which version but as of 8.4.52.812 it's working
Strange. On my side the prroblem is still there.

It's been fixed for me, I don't know exactly from which version but as of 8.4.52.812 it's working