Question

Spotify app not showing Sonos

• 8 December 2016
  • 94 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hopefully I'm missing something very obvious...

I had linked my Spotify premium account as soon as Ver. 7 was released (during the beta actually). Now I cannot see any of my Sonos devices in the Spotify app. Further, in the Sonos Advanced Settings/Music Sources (Mac app) there is no option for 'Control Sonos from Spotify'. I assume that's because I already set it up? But it's not working.

Thanks for your help!!

Adam

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

94 replies

Same issue.
Badge
Same issue
Badge
Same issue. Resetting play5 makes the devices visible for some time.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Anyone from Sonos have any solution? Is this a known bug?

Thanks! Can't wait to get this back...

🙂
Same...
SAME
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
So I restarted one of my players (unplugged and replugged) and my whole system now shows up correctly in Spotify. That's great news! Hopefully it lasts.
Badge
Did the same, but after some hours they went missing again.
Same issue here
I spent two hours with Sonos technical support while they reviewed my router settings but without success
I use att uverse & the technician thought that the issue was due to the firewall used in the att modem/ router
Resetting / reinstalling everything did not help.
I'm stuck, hoping for a solution.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Cottrebj - does everything else work correctly? Seems odd it would be a router/ISP issue if it's just this problem of the Sonos speakers showing up in the Spotify app. But what do I know??
Everything else works fine
Just can't see my Sonos system the Spotify app
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Everyone,

If your system is still experiencing issues with Spotify CONNECT after following the steps in this article: Controlling Spotify CONNECT with Sonos. Please submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic.

Also, if you have contacted our customer care team by phone already please add your ticket number as well.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Very disappointed. My Sonos speakers have again disappeared from the Spotify app (Mac computer and iPhone).

Diagnostic number 6872362

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Bump!
Same issue...
Same issue - i'm having to re-setup all players every day since updating the app. Will somebody please fix this
Diagnostic number 6885075
Diagnostic 6892447
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi, I've reviewed your diagnostic and your Sonos system is having a hard to communicate with the network. This is leading to sync and data packages being lost.
This is the reason your speakers are dropping off the network.

I have reviewed your ticket and see you have already tested the different WiFi channels on the router. I'd like to try wiring a Sonos device to the router via an Ethernet cable. Would this be possible?

This will allow the Sonos to create its own wireless network to communicate with each other without having to depend on the router's WiFi.

If it's possible, wire on Sonos unit to the router. Once wired, reboot all the other Sonos devices by unplugging the power for about 5secs each. They will automatically connect to the WiFi network created by the wired unit.

Let us know how it goes.

Diagnostic number 6885075
Hi, after reviewing your diagnostic. We'd need to have a deeper look into your Sonos system and local network.

Unfortunately, the troubleshooting steps needed aren't able to be done in the community. A Sonos agent will need to remotely connect to your system and check both your Sonos and local network. I've created a ticket: 161220-000512.

With this number contact us by phone and give the Sonos agent the ticket and email address used to register your Sonos.
Let us know how it goes.

Diagnostic 6892447

Hi Beebs, would it be possible to wire the PLAY:5 to the router and try again?
Let us know how it goes and submit a new diagnostic once wired.
That's when the device was working with Spotify. The link usually does after a day or so. Then a hard reset fixes it
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
The only problem I have been experiencing is the Sonos system not showing up in the Spotify app. Otherwise, the speakers have not been dropping off the network - they are still always there in the Sonos app.

That said, I have tried what you suggested. It is working now, but we will see if they disappear from Spotify in the next couple days. That has been the pattern previously after a hard reset.

Thanks!
Adam

Hi, I've reviewed your diagnostic and your Sonos system is having a hard to communicate with the network. This is leading to sync and data packages being lost.
This is the reason your speakers are dropping off the network.

I have reviewed your ticket and see you have already tested the different WiFi channels on the router. I'd like to try wiring a Sonos device to the router via an Ethernet cable. Would this be possible?

This will allow the Sonos to create its own wireless network to communicate with each other without having to depend on the router's WiFi.

If it's possible, wire on Sonos unit to the router. Once wired, reboot all the other Sonos devices by unplugging the power for about 5secs each. They will automatically connect to the WiFi network created by the wired unit.

Let us know how it goes.
Badge
I think I've solved my problem with my devices now. They both (a PLAY:5 and a PLAY:3) were available and showed up in Spotify after a reboot, but went missing again after some hours or so. What I did was I did a factory reset of my router (ASUS RT-88) and after that I changed the SSID to something new. Starting Sonos Controller verified they were not available and I followed the steps it suggested, i.e. connect one of the devices to the router via a cable and then have it setup itself again (and its friend in my case).

This was two days ago and they work flawless now with Spotify Connect.
Badge
Still having problems even after spending almost an hour on the phone with the helpdesk.

Peculiar is that I downloaded sonos tube which was able to find both speakers even when spotify did not discover them.

Something else I noticed is that grouping and ungrouping the speakers often makes one of the speakers available in Spotify (usually only for a very short time, minutes).

Helpdesk was not able to explain the speaker discovery process of spotify. Standard answer is wireless interference. Have tried all channel possibilities without resolution. Moved my bridge, also no avail. I also do not believe in firewall settings since the problem is intermittent.

I hope sonos and spotify engineers are still looking for a solution.
Why has this not been resolved?
Same issue here: 7018986

Amp sporadically shows up and disappears after much rebooting - super frustrating.