Spotify

Hi, I keep getting a message that the connection to Spotify has been lost or there was an error in adding the song to the queue when I try to play a song using the Spotify search. Support diagnostics: 641634502

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I keep getting a message that the connection to Spotify has been lost or there was an error in adding the song to the queue when I try to play a song using the Spotify search. Support diagnostics: 641634502

Hi Kelly12,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the report. It looks like your Bedroom unit is losing connection to your wireless network frequently. This is likely the reason for the errors you've described. There are a few other wireless networks in close range running on the same wireless channel as your main network. This can cause interference, and may be the reason for the speaker's disconnects. Please try changing your wireless network's channel from 6, which is crowded, to 11 which is more open.

If that doesn't do the trick, send along a new diagnostic report, reply with the number and I'll take a look.
I can get spotify on Sonos in the living room but it says connection to Spotify lost in the kitchen!. I also cannot get any of the music from my iMac. I have actually got a Bluetooth speaker now and play spotify and CDs via my iPad and it works every time - much better, I think Sonos is a waste of money now with this new technology
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I can get spotify on Sonos in the living room but it says connection to Spotify lost in the kitchen!. I also cannot get any of the music from my iMac. I have actually got a Bluetooth speaker now and play spotify and CDs via my iPad and it works every time - much better, I think Sonos is a waste of money now with this new technology

Hi there,

Please submit a diagnostic report after you get these errors, then reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
I have exactly the same problem as the OP. Never had an issue before this morning. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with Sonos and Spotify but nothing is working! Diagnostic report no 307675175. Thanks
Badge
I'm having the same problem this morning, never had an issue before.

As we're both having the same issue this morning it must be a Sonos issue.
I'm having the same issue this morning, first time ever. diagnostic number 1634735409
Everything else works except spotify. Attached diagnostics number

Hi there,

Please submit a diagnostic report after you get these errors, then reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Same issue here....Connection with Spotify lost. Just updated the Sonos.... This happened suddenly after having played around 10 songs after updating. No issues with WLAN/Network or Spotify account as far as I know. Considering all the postadresse regarding this, this seems to be a major issue for MANY users right now.

Look forward to a quick solve on this.

Diagnostic nr: 1950343163
I’m getting the same problem. All other apps work except Spotify. Here is my diagnostic 1893735876
I'm also getting this same error "Connection to spotify is lost". Diagnostic ref: 1022435982
Same with me cannot connect to Spotify
I have the same problem. Regards user in Norway ??
report 1337905752
Spotify experiences an world wide outage. So patience please.
Same problem here too. Just updated Sonos, and now won’t or can’t connect to Spotify. All other services are ok, and Spotify will play straight from our iPhones on both accounts, so everything works independently, just not together!

Have deleted and reauthorised in as many combinations as possible, but still no joy.

If Spotify has an outage, WG does it still work stand alone?
BethaRich: Agreed. Problem seems to be Sonos. Spotify works perfectly standalone.
Badge
Check Settings > Account Settings > re-enter your Sonos Account settings. It seems they were wiped and are needed for Spotify to work. This worked for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
BethaRich: Agreed. Problem seems to be Sonos. Spotify works perfectly standalone.
This is a Spotify issue. The Spotify API/interface that serves Sonos systems differs from that used by standalone Spotify. Anyway, it seems to be back up and running for me.
Running as normal here too now...Hope it stays stabil.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings