Answered

Spotify

• 11 January 2017
  • 4 replies

When I listen to Spotify mutes the speakers. Spotify app loses contact with Sonos. The Sonos app, I can not change the song on Spotify. I get a message that says that the song can not be played. After a while, I get a new message that says that Sonos has lost touch with Spotify. What can I do?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 11 January 2017, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Reboot your system as a starting point:-

- Turn off router, ALL Sonos AND every thing connected to your network (phone, tablet, NAS - Turn full off and no cheating. EVERY network attached item)
- Turn on router. Wait a few mins
- Turn on Bridge or Boost next if you have them. Wait a few mins
- Turn on Sonos units.
- Then you can turn all your other devices back on.

If you are still having problems then submit another diagnostic and post the number here and a Sonos person will review and advise if they see anything.
I'm having this problem as well but then Sonos just starts playing random songs from my Spotify playlists after it can't play the one I ask for. I did have a router upgrade yesterday so makes sense to try that so will let you know if it works.
Seems to have worked so far -- thanks!
You advice was a big help, Stuart_W. Thank you!