Answered

Speech clarity on Beam (Speech Enhancement & Night Mode don't make a difference)

• 17 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’ve had a Beam Gen 1 for over 4 years now and never had any issues with the sound quality in that time.  I recently moved house and since then I’m finding that when watching TV or movies I’m struggling to hear what is being said.  It’s really quite subtle in that it’s not all speech all the time, it seems that certain things are worse than others, for example one word in a sentence you might really struggle to pick up or if there is a scene with someone on the phone you can’t make out what the person on the other end is saying.  I never had this problem before I moved house and I'm wondering whether the Beam took a knock which has caused a small fault with one of the 4 speakers or something similar that is causing quality or part of the audio range to be affected.  Speech Enhancement is already turned on and i’ve also tried Night Mode which has not helped at all.

Is there anyway to do perform a diagnostic on unit that could detect faults in any of the components?   

icon

Best answer by buzz 17 September 2022, 13:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.