Answered

Speakers stopped working

• 18 March 2020
  • 1 reply

My speakers have stopped working as the most recent Sonos update wouldn’t work. Followed the trouble shoot but no luck. 🙄
I have tried to use a new bridge in case that was the problem but now I can’t add the speakers as it’s not recognising they’re there?
Help please, I miss my music! Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 19 March 2020, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Power down all your Bridges, they can cause odd issues and you can add them back later if you want to.

Power down all your other Sonos, reboot the router, hook one Sonos to the router with Ethernet, power up that Sonos, power up all the others except the Bridges. You should be working again.

You can likely avoid this in the future if you set static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos in your router’s DHCP settings.

You can try re-adding your Bridges at this point, once added remove the Ethernet from the speaker you had wired to get started and hope for the best. You really should leave a speaker wired or purchase a Boost and scrap the Bridges.