Answered

Speakers Repeatedly Disappear from App

• 3 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello All

I recently had a system installed consisting of a Beam (in the bedroom) two Sonos Five’s (one kitchen & one living room) and an Arc w/ Sub and 2 SL Ones in the basement Entertainment room.  Regularly the Arc, Sub and SL Ones will disappear from the app (sometimes all, sometimes only one or two).  Less frequently one of the Fives will disappear and rarely the beam is gone.  The beam and two Fives can often be corrected simply by unplugging them.  Often, however, the issue in the Entertainment room is not corrected by a simple unplugging and I’ll lose patience attempting to fix and go focus on something else.  When I return the speakers show back up in the app.  Can anyone shed light on this issue, Please?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 August 2022, 20:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect one Sonos speaker (not a Sub or surround) directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

There’s a couple of potentials that pop to mind. One is the simple potential of wifi interference, which can occur both inside your home, or be an influence from outside your home. I’ve experienced both in my years.

The other potential, although less likely, is duplicate IP addresses that occur when your router gets mixed up during a Sonos update, and hands out duplicate IP addresses which can clash at odd moments, but not always.

Usually, the “easy” albeit non-permanent fix is to unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. The more permanent fix, which many of us have done, is to assign reserved IP addresses for our Sonos devices in the router’s DHCP table.